• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auction Thread

175 posts in this topic

Prices on the Marvels I'm tracking are absurdly high. Might be time to fire up another consignment...

A lot of the Marvels I'm tracking can be bought right now from online dealers for less than the current price on CLink. Go figure. People must obviously like competing at auction and get caught in the heat of the moment of going just "one bid higher" so the book doesn't "get away".

Prices on the Marvels I'm tracking are absurdly high. Might be time to fire up another consignment...

A lot of the Marvels I'm tracking can be bought right now from online dealers for less than the current price on CLink. Go figure. People must obviously like competing at auction and get caught in the heat of the moment of going just "one bid higher" so the book doesn't "get away".

I don't know... I just took a look at some of the books that seem high. The book inside the slab appears nicer in some cases than others at the same grade.

Can't remember if Jive is officially retired from this task but why not get it started. Just at a quick glance I see an AF#15 CGC 4.5 sitting at over $12K with just over an hour to go? :facepalm:

It should be less or more? (shrug)

Can't remember if Jive is officially retired from this task but why not get it started. Just at a quick glance I see an AF#15 CGC 4.5 sitting at over $12K with just over an hour to go? :facepalm:

It should be less or more? (shrug)

GPA average is around $9,500 for grade?

I bet it has more to do with bidders that have a bunch of books on consignment so they will just be off setting net proceeds to capture books they really want.

True I saw that - but it presents much nicer than the grade that was assigned to other 4.5's. In fact it looks nicer than a couple of other 4.5s and the last 5.0 that sold on Heritage. (That was the one with the date stamp on the "A" -I hate date stamps.)

Not going to lie... I was looking at the book. hm

Gentlemen, I have 36 books that have my curiosity and about half of those that have my attention.

(I already cannot wait to see Django)

I've got like 15 pretty lowball bids in but don't expect to win more than 1 or 2 unless I get REALLY lucky.

you're like the boy who cried wolf w/ that refrain.

Huh??? I usually freely admit im going balls to the walls on a bunch of Avengers. Im too close to finishing my run now though and theres nothing i really want in this auction especially with the HA auction on the horizon.

It was hard but I stayed focused

Five wins - only 11 books to go including the annuals (Only 6 books in the main set remaining)

Anyone who reads my weekly weekend buying list know that I am bent on finishing this within the next month or two.

ASM 36 - 8.0

ASM 38 - 8.5

ASM 48 - 8.5

ASM 63 - 9.0

ASM 94 - 9.2

RADF16B42012529_12121.jpgRADEB6392012529_93239.jpgRAD2ECD32012523_175334.jpgRAD10A84201246_145911.jpgRAD3F7982012529_115527.jpg

Also picked up: I have always been a big fan of these two covers

ASM 136 - 9.4

ASM 151 - 9.4

RAD8408A201266_125340.jpgRAD5F545201267_83925.jpg

Couple of things I like outside of ASM... so we will see what happens.

I've got like 15 pretty lowball bids in but don't expect to win more than 1 or 2 unless I get REALLY lucky.

you're like the boy who cried wolf w/ that refrain.

Huh??? I usually freely admit im going balls to the walls on a bunch of Avengers. Im too close to finishing my run now though and theres nothing i really want in this auction especially with the HA auction on the horizon.

You just can find any love on these boards today :foryou:

Only book i REALLY wanted and the only one i put an actual bid on. Had to overpay but oh well! Theres no way in hell im paying what the HG copies go for! Can someone explain to me why this issue is worth like triple what any other comparable Avengers goes for? $2500 for a 9.6?!? :screwy:

I'm MORE than happy with an 8.5 at those prices!!! :cloud9:

av25.jpg