• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre hero Marvel and Atlas Registry Points Too Low

76 posts in this topic

Well, we're halfway there. I guess we'll have to lobby for the other factor

of two next year. Might in fact be good to track all pre-hero sales for another

lobbying campaign...

A step in the right direction though. :golfclap:

Just one more note as I noticed a discrepancy in my registry set today. I was looking at my TOS and TTA sets and saw something that bears some explaining.

TOS #12 in CGC 8.0 is worth 170 points.

RADF0ADC2010811_104951.jpg

TTA #12 in CGC 8.0 is worth 246 points.

TTA12CGC.jpg

They are two of my nicest pre-hero books, and both happen to be #12, so this stuck out to me. These books came out a month apart, and have virtually identical HG census numbers (11 copies in 8.0 or better for the TTA and 12 copies in 8.0 or better for the TOS). So why the 44% jump for the TTA over the TOS's score?

And, sticking with the theme of this thread, both scores are way too low! lol

....my best hypothesis is that points for TTA 12 are 44% larger because the scan is 44% larger :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They did go up, just not far enough. Don't know if there was a set formula.

Not nearly far enough. Not by a mile!

We should get back on petitioning for another bump, now that it has been nearly a year since we last lit the torches and sharpened the pitchforks.

They did go up, just not far enough. Don't know if there was a set formula.

Not nearly far enough. Not by a mile!

We should get back on petitioning for another bump, now that it has been nearly a year since we last lit the torches and sharpened the pitchforks.

Agreed the Marvel and Atlas GA books and pre-code horror books are absurdly low.

I have been posting lately on this topic.

Johnny

Just one more note as I noticed a discrepancy in my registry set today. I was looking at my TOS and TTA sets and saw something that bears some explaining.

TOS #12 in CGC 8.0 is worth 170 points.

RADF0ADC2010811_104951.jpg

TTA #12 in CGC 8.0 is worth 246 points.

Completely crazy point system on these books - does what is on the registry even factor in?

How many GA books are so impossible to find in high grade that less than a dozen are even graded?

Uhhhh just about every pre-code horror book Atlas put out? Yet they are graded as if everyone has a mint copy under their bed they might one day slab.

Points bump needed badly.

Johnny

AMEN! Most books do not exist in NM- :-(

Now that CGC has established itself for these many years, and we've seen what is actually in the marketplace from what was theorized out out there by gerber/overstreet, another point bump is definitely in order.

ATLAS collectors know the fifties are incredibly difficult to find existing copies, let alone copies in VF....Bump the points!!!! :-D

hey everyone , we all know that the points are waaaay to low for golden age Atlas , so we have to concentrate on points within the series and be content.

CGC gives modern comics high point value to entice the young generation to submit their comics (that don't even need submitting lol) the same thing happens in coin collecting when people submit a brand new proof coin and waste their money on a slab (it was perfect in the first place) !!

more to say if asked ....... thanks