• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's a good price for a Iron Man 55 9.0, hype/speculation aside?

83 posts in this topic

I imagine the vast majority thinks they will increase the value with a signature or 2. Unfortunately for me when i see the yellow label i move along.
Me 2 - no interest at all in Sig Series, unless they are drastically discounted from their un-defaced counterparts. :P

There are a few CGC 9.4s sitting for $1350, but the interesting one is:

Iron Man 55 SS CGC 9.4 Stan Lee Mike Friedrich Jim Starlin & Joe Sinnott Sigs WP

it was listed for $1150, didnt sell, or maybe it got ended early and was sold off line.

Cause 1150 for a 9.4 (White pages too) with all those sigs is SICK!

Yes, sick someone would ruin a 9.4 copy of such a great book by getting people to write on it :cry:

zzzzzzzzz

:baiting:

don-king-totally-looks-like-heat-miser.jpg

Dogging Sig Series is soooo 2008. It's time for you to move into 2012. One of us . . . One of us . . .

:eek:

You partially turned me to the SS darkside but not all the way. I think sketches on SS blanks are amazing. AMAZING i say! Celebrity sigs and creator sigs on moderns are great. Just the whole signing high grade SA/BA is a real turnoff for me. Those books survived 50 years without getting mutilated :cry:

fingh :foryou:

It's all good, bud. I do feel the same way for any real rare high grade stuff, but BA stuff is not rare.

It's all good, bud. I do feel the same way for any real rare high grade stuff, but BA stuff is not rare.

Exactly why IM 55 is a just common place, poopy Marvel. Even Greggy has a box full in his basement.

I think the wild card will be the extent to which Thanos appears in the Marvel movie universe. If he makes a few cameos and one film appearance then the books will cool after that film dies down. If on the other hand, he becomes the dominant villain and makes appearances indefinitely, the books will have peaks and valleys but the trend will be up. However, considering the peak that just hit in May, I think the prices will slowly drop until the next appearance. So, this winter or spring may be a good time to get the book if you think he may make a cameo in next summer’s movies. If he doesn’t appear next summer, then that may be the time to buy because a lot of people holding this book won’t have the patience to sit on it for another year after that. As an aside, I find that the best time to buy comics at auction or on Ebay is in late November/December. I don’t know if it is because people are not spending money on themselves but rather buying gifts (assuming that an auction format is not ideal for gift buying). I learned this the hard way when I listed a bunch of stuff in December and nothing at all sold, I relisted in spring and sold everything.

The choice is up to you my friend…

I keep wondering who’s going to buy comic books because characters are used in those movies. They have little to nothing to do with the real deal, i.e. the comics, and I have the impression the average movie consumer would care a little about having the comics as well, unless he/she was already a reader.

Aren’t all these more realistically, mere speculations on the collecting trends?

Personally I love Thanos as a character, I have all the Warlocks, but right now I couldn’t care less about having an Iron Man #55, at these prices.

I think the wild card will be the extent to which Thanos appears in the Marvel movie universe. If he makes a few cameos and one film appearance then the books will cool after that film dies down. If on the other hand, he becomes the dominant villain and makes appearances indefinitely, the books will have peaks and valleys but the trend will be up. However, considering the peak that just hit in May, I think the prices will slowly drop until the next appearance. So, this winter or spring may be a good time to get the book if you think he may make a cameo in next summer’s movies. If he doesn’t appear next summer, then that may be the time to buy because a lot of people holding this book won’t have the patience to sit on it for another year after that. As an aside, I find that the best time to buy comics at auction or on Ebay is in late November/December. I don’t know if it is because people are not spending money on themselves but rather buying gifts (assuming that an auction format is not ideal for gift buying). I learned this the hard way when I listed a bunch of stuff in December and nothing at all sold, I relisted in spring and sold everything.

The choice is up to you my friend…

I keep wondering who’s going to buy comic books because characters are used in those movies. They have little to nothing to do with the real deal, i.e. the comics, and I have the impression the average movie consumer would care a little about having the comics as well, unless he/she was already a reader.

Aren’t all these more realistically, mere speculations on the collecting trends?

Personally I love Thanos as a character, I have all the Warlocks, but right now I couldn’t care less about having an Iron Man #55, at these prices.

flippers flipping books to other flippers - as a collector, you're priced out until the market comes to its senses again in a few years.

Something I don't pick up on.   There are only a few books listed there that I'm interested in and pay any real attention to.

There are a few CGC 9.4s sitting for $1350, but the interesting one is:

Iron Man 55 SS CGC 9.4 Stan Lee Mike Friedrich Jim Starlin & Joe Sinnott Sigs WP

it was listed for $1150, didnt sell, or maybe it got ended early and was sold off line.

Cause 1150 for a 9.4 (White pages too) with all those sigs is SICK!

Yes, sick someone would ruin a 9.4 copy of such a great book by getting people to write on it :cry:

I like signature series, BUT if I wanted a high grade copy of a key book I would want non signature series. Writing and date stamps were always a no no for me on my comics so I view a signature in the same way.

Optimistically-priced 9.8 up on Comiclink...

Iron Man 55, 9.8

That's probably the nicest #55 I've seen.

I could see that selling if he priced it sensibly, i.e. 25% of his current ask.

Tough book to find perfectly centered, and this copy is damn close. (worship)

Iron Man 55, 9.8

I agree.

Iron Man 55, 9.8

I agree.

He must be listening as he's just re-listed it with 11% off the ask price.

Iron Man #55 CGC 9.8

Now it's only $12,995. :insane:

He must be compensating for the poor staple placement.

(At that price I can still nitpick.). :baiting:

(At that price I can still nitpick.)

Now you're the one that's :insane::baiting:

I'll criticize his pricing but, by Jove, I'll not have anything said about that book. :sumo:

That copy is smoking.

Iron Man 55, 9.8

I agree.

He must be listening as he's just re-listed it with 11% off the ask price.

Iron Man #55 CGC 9.8

Now it's only $12,995. :insane:

Lame. For that kinda dough, you could've had the first NM#98 in 9.9

(At that price I can still nitpick.)

Now you're the one that's :insane::baiting:

I'll criticize his pricing but, by Jove, I'll not have anything said about that book. :sumo:

That copy is smoking.

I agree. Best centred one I've ever seen.

I don't get these prices...it shows my total noobness I guess

Lemmings.jpg

One should be thinking really really hard why they even want a copy of IM 55. Do you want it because it is hot right now? Or do you want it because you like the art, story, and the characters?

When I think of Thanos, I do not think of IM 55. Not in the least. As an owner of a basically complete run of IM 1-300 I still do not consider #55 to be worth a second glance in the scheme of things. This was a few dollar book when I bought it and I would consider myself really crazy to pay much more then 20 dollars for a VF copy today.

Now add in CGC slabbed pricing, which is hilarious, why anyone bothers slab this book just makes the whole situation priceless. Next people will be slabbing mass produced modern comics and prancing around with them.. oh wait.

(thumbs u