• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the Miami Heat

220 posts in this topic

James is probably the best player in the NBA. Of course he'll now be in elite status with his ring. If he wins a handful, he'll be close to Jordan (but not better).

Close to Jordan? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

When did Jordan leave the Bulls to join Magic's and or Bird's team in order to win a championship?

When did Jordan ever not give his all in a game?

Where is James' heart?

Give me a break, close to Jordan? Not even in his dreams...

:roflmao: Maybe in his dreams. I'll give him that much.

One guy who took a hit from this series is Hardin. Maybe he isn't the guy people ought to be fawning over, because he looked very average in this series.

QFT.

I always had my doubts about Harden, but this series said all that needed to be said about the guy.

He couldn't win, had to go to the Lakers to get one. Probably the greatest reg season player lol.

Jordan will always be the greatest!!!!

Of his era.Wilt was the greatest of all time.

He ran up against the Celtics.Russel and company denied many a player a championship.

All I can say is that this season's NBA Finals sucked!?! I was expecting the Thunder to put up a better fight like how they demolished the Spurs. What happened? Everyone even the NBA analysts thought the Thunder would win easily! Well since they are a very young team and first time in the Finals, I guess this is what is expected.

Oh and that Jordan guy... Best ball player ever and one of the best athletes of all time PERIOD!

I dunno about overrated..

lebron-vs-jordan-at-age-27.jpg

That graphic is now 0-0-1 for Jordan at age 27 and 1-3-3 for LeBron at 27--this was his third Finals.

You also have to think about the supporting cast of the Bulls and the Heat during their age. The Heat has Wade and Bosh who helped Lebron win his title. Who did the Bulls have when Jordan was 27? Just Pippen?

Grant too.

I don't think Wilt was the greatest of all time. LeBron may become the new Wilt when it's all said and done, with gaudy numbers but only a few championships as Wade appears to be breaking down physically just a bit.

Wilt was physically dominant and while a great player, it's always troublesome that the other great player of his era in terms of dominant big men, Russell, won a helluva lot more than he did. And not a couple more, 9 more.

I really like derek rose, but he's not the best player in the NBA. He's an okay defender and only an above average jump shooter. However, their all around talent I think is better than the Heat. Except I really like Derek Rose as a person more than what I've seen from LeBron, so I certainly would root for Rose.

If you're an OKC fan, there's always next year. Several people have mentioned that OKC looks in some ways like Miami did last year. Talented, but not ready to win. I think they will be favorites if they keep this core together. One guy who took a hit from this series is Hardin. Maybe he isn't the guy people ought to be fawning over, because he looked very average in this series.

Wilt averaged 50/25 points and rebounds in 62.Its the same as Jordan when he came in .No help.Putting LeBron in the same catagory as Wilt is just wrong.

As far as Russell winning more he had a better team,a better coach,and a much better situation.Put Chamberlin in Russells role and he would win all those titles also.

We will see next year on Rose.He has improved greatly from his rookie year.A healthy Rose and Miami is sitting at home IMHO.

Hopefully the Thunder do well next year as they are a class act,for the most part.

Anyway just my 2c

GO SIXERS!

James is probably the best player in the NBA. Of course he'll now be in elite status with his ring. If he wins a handful, he'll be close to Jordan (but not better).

Close to Jordan? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

When did Jordan leave the Bulls to join Magic's and or Bird's team in order to win a championship?

When did Jordan ever not give his all in a game?

Where is James' heart?

Give me a break, close to Jordan? Not even in his dreams...

He said if he wins a handful of titles :gossip:

All I can say is that this season's NBA Finals sucked!?!
I disagree. The games went down to the wire (first four), and many times it was nerve racking. I would have loved to have done other things with the game going on in the background but alas, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. The only breaks I got were when that lady named Doris would ask some lame questions and was able to get some other things done.

It will be nice to not be bombarded with ABC's self promotion of their lame shows as I can get back to life.

meh. You say 'lucked out', I say they had qualities that allowed championship pieces to develop and be fit around them.

Which Cavalier from 2003 to 2010 are you thinking could have been a Hall of Famer like McHale, Worthy, Abdul-Jabbar, or Parish if not for LeBron James holding them back? hm

And not just HOF players.Those guys you just listed were also on 50 Greatest Players of alltime list:

Magic (a top 50) played on a team with 2 other Top 50 guys.

Bird (a top 50) played on a team with 2 other Top 50 guys.

MJ (a top 50) played on a team with 1 other Top 50.

I'm not a LeBron fan, but to say the other guys didn't do what he did is a little silly. None of those guys "needed" to do it.

Still, I would've liked to see OKC win it. Although LeBron winning has some positives:

1. We don't have to listen all off season about why he can't win the big one.

2. Harold's head may have exploded.

If they didnt play with Magic,bird,or MJ would they be in the top 50?

Uhh...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? Yeah, he probably would've made the list without Magic. hm

The first year after Jordan left, Pippen was the best player in the league, IMO. It was short lived though.

But, I do see your point. Worthy, McHale and the Cheif all benefitted greatly from playing with Bird & Magic.

(thumbs u

Comic nerds dishing out hoops intel. This is awesome sauce.

I'm not just a comic nerd, I'm also a basketball demi-god. If you'd like to shoot some hoops, I'll allow you to choose the method by which I serve you a facial--would you prefer my awesome jumper and face-up game, my post-up game, or would you prefer that I just dunk all over you? Your choice. :foryou:

I'm not just a comic nerd, I'm also a basketball demi-god. If you'd like to shoot some hoops, I'll allow you to choose the method by which I serve you a facial--would you prefer my awesome jumper and face-up game, my post-up game, or would you prefer that I just dunk all over you? Your choice. :foryou:

You can dunk? How tall are you?

I don't know but for me age doesn't matter. You can see greatness when you see one regardless of age.

Jordan

6x Finals Appearance

6x NBA Champion

6x NBA Finals MVP

James

3x Finals Appearance

1x NBA Champion

1x NBA Finals MVP

MJ is a 6 out of 6 (100%) when it comes to the NBA Finals. LBJ is only a mere 1 out of 3 (33%).

Other than that?

2 Olympic Gold Medals – 1984, 1992

6× NBA Champion

6× NBA Finals MVP

5× NBA MVP

10 NBA Scoring Titles

3× steals leader

3× minutes leader

14 NBA All-Star Selections

3× NBA All-Star Game MVP

11 All-NBA Selections

9 All-Defensive First Team Selections

2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion – 1987, 1988

NBA Rookie of the Year – 1984–85

NBA Defensive Player of the Year – 1987–88

LBJ is good, but not even close to the great MJ.

I don't know but for me age doesn't matter. You can see greatness when you see one regardless of age.

Jordan

6x Finals Appearance

6x NBA Champion

6x NBA Finals MVP

James

3x Finals Appearance

1x NBA Champion

1x NBA Finals MVP

MJ is a 6 out of 6 (100%) when it comes to the NBA Finals. LBJ is only a mere 1 out of 3 (33%).

Other than that?

2 Olympic Gold Medals – 1984, 1992

6× NBA Champion

6× NBA Finals MVP

5× NBA MVP

10 NBA Scoring Titles

3× steals leader

3× minutes leader

14 NBA All-Star Selections

3× NBA All-Star Game MVP

11 All-NBA Selections

9 All-Defensive First Team Selections

2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion – 1987, 1988

NBA Rookie of the Year – 1984–85

NBA Defensive Player of the Year – 1987–88

LBJ is good, but not even close to the great MJ.

Yep.

Also, as far as that ESPN comparison goes, they shouldn't compare by age but by seasons played. LeBron was 18 when he came in the league. Jordan was 21.

I've been dunked on before, by far better than you. zzz

It's unfortunate Jordan took a few years off from basketball. We'll never know how Dream's Rockets and Michael's Bulls would have matched up.

What he said. (thumbs u

Just want to emphasize this. That is one of the best almost what-ifs that should have happened. The Dream-led Rockets were stacked. Too bad Jordan gambled so much that he had to "retire" for a bit. He could have had a chance at 8 straight titles. That would have ended all this debate.

Dan

You can dunk? How tall are you?

Derrick Rose's height, 6' 1.5" (they list him as 6' 3" in shoes). I can't come anywhere close to matching Derrick Rose's ups though. :blush: I probably can't dunk right now either, but I used to a few years ago. If I got back in shape I don't see why I couldn't, but then again, I have a tendency to ignore actual age-related physical decline (I'm 41 now) because I believe people overwhelmingly use it as an excuse to not even try certain things.

I've been dunked on before, by far better than you. zzz

:blush:

As an OKC fan, I am proud of my team and the fact that they even got this far. I still see this as positive progress for the Thunder, and I hope we can win it all next year.

Sorry, but you should not be proud of anything. They choked, and they really let the city of Oklahoma down big time.

My 76ers could have put out a better effort than OKC.

I had OKC easily wining the title, but they played with no heart except for maybe Westbrook.