• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the Miami Heat

220 posts in this topic

lequit didnt give up this time like he did against boston in a cavs uniform

Yup. (thumbs u

While I will give James credit for a great playoff run and a decent finals run what really surprised me was how well the Heat bench played over OKC. I mean game 5 everyone but the coach was making 3-pointers.

Wether James likes it or not his actions in Cleveland ruined his image in my mind forever.

1 Championship in Cleveland would have meant more for his career and that city than ten rings in sell out Miami.

Derrick Rose's height, 6' 1.5" (they list him as 6' 3" in shoes). I can't come anywhere close to matching Derrick Rose's ups though. :blush: I probably can't dunk right now either, but I used to a few years ago. If I got back in shape I don't see why I couldn't, but then again, I have a tendency to ignore actual age-related physical decline (I'm 41 now) because I believe people overwhelmingly use it as an excuse to not even try certain things.

That's pretty impressive that you can dunk at that height. Did you ever do it in a game, or were you just messing around? In my experience, it's pretty rare to see it in a straight pick-up game or rec league. I think I've only ever seen it happen once in a game I was playing in, and I used to play alot.

I still love that Jordan won the Scoring title and Defensive player of the year in the same season....that is impressive and certainly is the sign of the best player.

Better basketball chat here than on the basketball boards.

I dunno about overrated..

lebron-vs-jordan-at-age-27.jpg

Jordan is 6 for 6 in NBA Finals

James is 1 for 3 in NBA Finals

James played in a NBA League filled with garbage players unlike when Jordan played.

The Heat faced IMO garbage teams the last two years in all their playoff teams except the NBA Finals. Christ they almost lost to the Pacers and Celtics this year. If the Pacers had a superstar they would have easily beat the Heat.

I still love that Jordan won the Scoring title and Defensive player of the year in the same season....that is impressive and certainly is the sign of the best player.

Better basketball chat here than on the basketball boards.

maybe,we better peeps? :baiting:

Comic nerds dishing out hoops intel. This is awesome sauce.

I'm not just a comic nerd, I'm also a basketball demi-god. If you'd like to shoot some hoops, I'll allow you to choose the method by which I serve you a facial--would you prefer my awesome jumper and face-up game, my post-up game, or would you prefer that I just dunk all over you? Your choice. :foryou:

You can dunk? How tall are you?

Two words: Spud Webb.

Not sure if I can still dunk at 40 but a few seasons ago I could dunk at a big old 5 foot 10. Being honest I could only dunk volleyballs and the smaller jr basketballs or on a bounce of the backboard...I can't palm a basketball damn small hands lol.

That's pretty impressive that you can dunk at that height. Did you ever do it in a game, or were you just messing around? In my experience, it's pretty rare to see it in a straight pick-up game or rec league. I think I've only ever seen it happen once in a game I was playing in, and I used to play alot.

I've done it on fast breaks maybe a dozen times since I first started to be able to get that high when I was 19-20, but only one-handed because you can stretch up a little further that way, I never could do it two-handed without the ball bouncing off of the rim. Mostly I've done it screwing around in practice--never with any style, I could just barely get it over the rim.

I haven't even tried it since I herniated my fifth lower vertebral disc in late 2009, but I've largely recovered from that now so I'm sure I could if I set my mind to it and started playing more than once a week. I had that injury for most of 2010 and transitioned my game over to shooting and haven't transitioned back yet to being mostly a rebounder/defender/shot-blocker like I used to...I found I get picked for games a lot quicker being a shooter, I guess because people can see it between games during shootarounds unlike rebounding and defense.

Comic nerds dishing out hoops intel. This is awesome sauce.

I'm not just a comic nerd, I'm also a basketball demi-god. If you'd like to shoot some hoops, I'll allow you to choose the method by which I serve you a facial--would you prefer my awesome jumper and face-up game, my post-up game, or would you prefer that I just dunk all over you? Your choice. :foryou:

You can dunk? How tall are you?

Two words: Spud Webb.

The average person cannot dunk a basketball. Spud Webb had freakish hops, but I'd be surprised if he ever did it in a game. When he was in the dunk contest, all his dunks were of the lob-it-to-himself variety. It's impressive that he could do what he did, no doubt.

But, being able to jump really high doesn't mean you automatically can dunk it. I think being able to palm a basketball is almost as important as a great vertical when trying to dunk it. Alot harder to elevate on the run if you have to "two hand" it.

Edit: Too wierd...as I was typing this up, FF and kidcolt both posted two of my main points.

Not sure if I can still dunk at 40 but a few seasons ago I could dunk at a big old 5 foot 10. Being honest I could only dunk volleyballs and the smaller jr basketballs or on a bounce of the backboard...I can't palm a basketball damn small hands lol.

I've played with quite a few 5' 8" guys who can dunk like you just described, off of lobs but not straight away. It never occurred to me that could be easier. I've always been able to palm, but I have no idea how people measure hand size so I don't know if it's due to large hands. I know my girlfriend who is 6' 1" and has longer fingers than I do (she likes to compare equivalent parts of our bodies because we're about the same height) can't palm, so I assume that hand strength plays a big part in it, but I don't know to what degree it can make up for hand size. hm

Lebron capped off a great year winning the MVP award, championship and playoff MVP. He sure looked overrated putting up a triple double in the winning game and averaging around 30 points, 10 boards and 7 ast in the finals. Like him or hate him he had one fantastic year. I think now that the pressure is off them they will be an even stronger team. I don't really like Lebron but I am glad he won so the haters will shut up....than again haters never shut up.

GO BULLS!!!

And the true best player in the game DRose

I'm with you on the topic of LeBron's image, and the lack of style displayed with the ready-mix champion assembly, Dennis.

I've gotta agree with the folks who say LeBron is the best player in the league, though.

Since 1990.......

#1 Jordan

big marginal between 1 and 2

#2 Kobe

even bigger between 2 and 3

#3 Tim Duncan.......

......even more down the ladder

#4 Shaq

Then there is everyone else in the current NBA league filled with complete garbage players and a lot of bad teams

LeFraud, Wade, Garnett, Iverson, Allen, Durant, Dirk, etc......

Some people think James is the best player in the league and while I think that may or not be true. However if you had all the active players right now in the 2011-2012 season in their PRIME to pick from to start your franchise then who would you pick?

Kobe Bryant hands down.

Now I will also like to add none of the players mentioned in this entire thread won a ring by themselves so I do understand James needed someone else to win with in Cleveland, but I think he gave up to quickly on that franchise and took a New York Yankee style of selling out to win a title.

IMO the Heat is not James team more than it is Wades.

Jame is more the Pippen as Wade is more the Jordan.

Lebron capped off a great year winning the MVP award, championship and playoff MVP. He sure looked overrated putting up a triple double in the winning game and averaging around 30 points, 10 boards and 7 ast in the finals. Like him or hate him he had one fantastic year. I think now that the pressure is off them they will be an even stronger team. I don't really like Lebron but I am glad he won so the haters will shut up....than again haters never shut up.

GO BULLS!!!

I'm with you on the topic of LeBron's image, and the lack of style displayed with the ready-mix champion assembly, Dennis.

I've gotta agree with the folks who say LeBron is the best player in the league, though.

Yes because Kobe is starting to get old.

In their prime's Kobe is still the best player, and honestly Kobe is much older than James and still playing at a top tier level as even Duncan is.

Since 1990.......

#1 Jordan

big marginal between 1 and 2

#2 Kobe

even bigger between 2 and 3

#3 Tim Duncan.......

......even more down the ladder

#4 Shaq

Then there is everyone else in the current NBA league filled with complete garbage players and a lot of bad teams

LeFraud, Wade, Garnett, Iverson, Allen, Durant, Dirk, etc......

Some people think James is the best player in the league and while I think that may or not be true. However if you had all the active players right now in the 2011-2012 season in their PRIME to pick from to start your franchise then who would you pick?

Kobe Bryant hands down.

Now I will also like to add none of the players mentioned in this entire thread won a ring by themselves so I do understand James needed someone else to win with in Cleveland, but I think he gave up to quickly on that franchise and took a New York Yankee style of selling out to win a title.

Jame is more the Pippen as Wade is more the Jordan.

and that,sadly may very well be lebrons legacy

and took a New York Yankee style of selling out to win a title.

It's MLB, not your latest secret emo/ska indie rock band. Only someone from Philly could spin spending whatever is necessary to win in a pro sport as "selling out."

:ohnoez: x infinity for the Yankee induced butthurt

As an OKC fan, I am proud of my team and the fact that they even got this far. I still see this as positive progress for the Thunder, and I hope we can win it all next year.

Sorry, but you should not be proud of anything. They choked, and they really let the city of Oklahoma down big time.

My 76ers could have put out a better effort than OKC.

I had OKC easily wining the title, but they played with no heart except for maybe Westbrook.

Don't use the choker label yet. There's a maturation process involved in becoming a champion. We'll see what OKC learned.

GO BULLS!!!

Yes because Kobe is starting to get old.

In their prime's Kobe is still the best player, and honestly Kobe is much older than James and still playing at a top tier level as even Duncan is.

With you on that. (thumbs u

Wade now views it the opposite way, he's said in interviews this season he learned to accept last summer after they lost the Finals that in his view LeBron is the best player in the game and the Heat is now his team.

and took a New York Yankee style of selling out to win a title.

It's MLB, not your latest secret emo/ska indie rock band. Only someone from Philly could spin spending whatever is necessary to win in a pro sport as "selling out."

:ohnoez: x infinity for the Yankee induced butthurt

selling out isn't always about money.

He had to surround himself with an all-star cast to win one.

He is a side kick to Wade. If Wade skills continue to diminish or he leaves and the Heat do not add another superstar James will never win a ring again.