• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help E Gerber does't sell the 13 boxes anymore!!!

25 posts in this topic

I've actually had my boxes custom-made using acid-fee, archival blue-grey boxboard. You can order these from conservation suppliers that custom-make products such as boxes, presentation folders, etc. They come in at about $20-25 a piece and look great. I had them made in a few sizes for gold/silver books, bronze books and slabs. Beauty about getting them custom-made is that you can get any size, height, length you want

Bill Cole has them now, but you'll pay through the @ss for them :lol:

butthurt special

says they are tan? have you ordered these?

No - I haven't ordered them yet, but I believe they are the same as what Gerber most recently sold. The picture is gray, but that is no guaranty. I couldn't see where it said they were tan. :shrug:

:frustrated: Does anyone have a box they use for their 775M2with 750FB most boxes aren't wide enough or are too wide. PLEASE HELP :wishluck:

Wait, whoa! The still have them listed on their site. What's going on here. Are you telling me they don't make boxes to fit their boards anymore?

:frustrated: Does anyone have a box they use for their 775M2with 750FB most boxes aren't wide enough or are too wide. PLEASE HELP :wishluck:

Wait, whoa! The still have them listed on their site. What's going on here. Are you telling me they don't make boxes to fit their boards anymore?

Gerber is pretty low-tech with web technology - I tried to order some many months ago, and they called up and told me they hadn't carried them for months, and weren't going to be carrying them in the future.

Gerber is pretty low-tech with web technology - I tried to order some many months ago, and they called up and told me they hadn't carried them for months, and weren't going to be carrying them in the future.
The Bill Cole special says they are tan in the description when you add them into the cart :sorry:

What is the sense behind this? As far as I know there aren't any other boxes that the golden/silver boards will fit in! Am I missing something?

What is the sense behind this? As far as I know there aren't any other boxes that the golden/silver boards will fit in! Am I missing something?

I don't understand it either, unless they were getting them from Cole or the same supplier as Cole gets them from. Call them and ask them. The lady that called me seemed to be more a receptionist than someone who would know business decisions.

The Bill Cole special says they are tan in the description when you add them into the cart :sorry:
Sounds like death for us OCD types. I've got two different versions from Gerber, but frankly, the newer version boxes were much stronger and in my opinion better.......,

Sounds like death for us OCD types. I've got two different versions from Gerber, but frankly, the newer version boxes were much stronger and in my opinion better.......,
This is the whole reason I started the thread I told my wife about not being able to get the boxes and she laughed at me and said well I guess you have to replace them all now :flamed:

This is the whole reason I started the thread I told my wife about not being able to get the boxes and she laughed at me and said well I guess you have to replace them all now :flamed:
:lol: not at those prices, you won't......, unless you want to sell those old ones to me....., :think:

I had the same problem with E Gerber no longer selling those boxes.

I had to switch over to those new black plastic boxes, which do seem to be just wide enough to fit the 775M2 (it's tight though!). I only have a few books in 775M2s and they fit, at least towards the middle of the box, which actually seems a bit wider than at the ends.

I got an E-mail from BCEmylar saying the boxes are white going to give them a try same size so I guess I'll see
Can you please let us know how this turns out? Please? (worship)

I got an E-mail from BCEmylar saying the boxes are white going to give them a try same size so I guess I'll see
Can you please let us know how this turns out? Please? (worship)
I'll post some pics when they come in for a comparison