• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Agents #6 posted by kcs818

8 posts in this topic

I think it's that CGC just added a bunch of new titles to the WD registry. The Agents 6 being one of them. $455 is WAY over priced...just hype and there aren't a lot of 9.8's...yet. I'm sure CGC will be grading hundreds of them now that they are part of the set. If you wait a few months, I'm sure you'll find this title under $100...wait a year and maybe it will be under $50...who knows how lonf the fad will last? I collect WDs too, so I hope they stay valuable and popular, but I've been collecting too long to be hoodwinked by the hype. Just my two pennies.

Thanks Shivabali and Peterpark for the advice! I hope that the value stays high as well. I see you can buy Capes featuring the preview of WD on ebay for around $60...It makes me wonder why people aren't grabbing those ones up if Agents is worth that much.

Thanks!

I should add their value still pales in comparison to 1,19,27 etc., but there is definitely a premium for those issues when the rest of the runs are basically cover at best. That high price is a for a CGC 9.8. I could see paying somewhere between 30 and 50 for the previews. Maybe more when walking dead is hot like after the last episode of walking dead season 2 on amc...

Agents 6 and Capes...2 I think...both predate Walking Dead 1 and are considered the first appearances. Value has been there for years and is there to stay.

Capes 1 (thumbs u

I don't know how many people look at the cgc registry here on the boards, but I'd be inclined to agree with that idea that the recent addition of Agents 6 to the registry is the reason for the high price.

But yea, just wait for more 9.8's to get in the census and go on sale, it'll drop.

Jerome

Time will settle some of the prices but the first appearances should still hold decent value. I worry that the TV series buzz could die off in a couple years (many non-network shows do not last more than a 5 seasons, let alone 10) and some of the upcoming events could start to mean a lot bigger CGI budget; I'm being spoiler respectful.