• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this book look trimmed?

8 posts in this topic

Not to create an arguement or call someone dishonest but does this ff 15 look like it was trimmed along the top? The Seller has excellent feedback and is obviously a honest person, but the wear around the edges don't seem to match with the top edge. ebay item I am personally no expert when it comes to spotting restoration. Just wondering if there are any opinions on this book it looks nice to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, it looks trimmed. Top and right edges are dead-straight, yet the spine and bottom edge show wear. Does that mean it IS trimmed? Not at all; can't tell from a scan.

This seller sold this exact copy on ebay a few weeks ago. My question is...why is it up for sale again? confused-smiley-013.gif

All I can tell you is that the seller has a history of buying PLODs (restored CGC graded books). He has come under suspicion before. Proceed with mucho caution.

Red

You can't really tell from a scan if it was a well done trim job.

It has a huge production crease too...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know he's trying to flip the book for more money but why wouldn't he get it slabbed if it came back from cgc as a 8.0 i'm sure he could get more than his money back with the current FF market. It is possible though that he bought it as a high grade found it was trimmed and decided to flip it raw without much of a description on the book. A don't ask don't tell situation. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are a couple of PLOD copies of this book in the census. But there isn't enough evidence to say if this was one of them. On the surface it seems like a straight flip.

So, do you feel lucky?