• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HUGE scans of Amazing Spider-Man #10 CGG 9.4 for your perusal

69 posts in this topic

This ought to set straight those who think that CGG undergrades silver age Marvels. Got this in the mail today from Goldust.

P.S. This book has ZERO spine stresses or creases. The mark next to the leg of the guy in the suit is a color flake, not a stress line. Aside from this flake and a smaller one below it on the apex of the spine, the spine is virtually unimprovable. ALL corners are sharp and wear-free. Upper right corner is NOT soft, nor are any others. Also, the tiny tear in the upper edge of the back cover looks worse in the scan than it does in person. The thing on the bottom left corner of back cover is NOT a crease. Just some light transfer schmutz that looks like a crease in the scan.

Also, the pages are not white. More like OW.

Anyway, here you go. I'm using links instead of images because some people don't like having their screens stretched.

Link to Front Cover

Link to Back Cover

Use links next time... 893frustrated.gif

What makes you think CGC won't give it a 9.6?

Don't bother to respond....My computer can't handle another view of this thread...so I won't be back. sorry.gif

OK, I fixed it.

It might get a 9.6. It's on the cusp between 9.4 and 9.6. This book is incredible looking. cloud9.gif

Don't bother to respond....My computer can't handle another view of this thread...so I won't be back. sorry.gif

OK, I fixed it.

It might get a 9.6. It's on the cusp between 9.4 and 9.6. This book is incredible looking. cloud9.gif

You gonna cross it over? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Those scans are killer. I like when books are that large, so you can really see detail. That was awesome. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not sarcasm, I really did like it. thumbsup2.gif

Pretty nice comments coming from a bookkeeper like you! shocked.gif

OK, I fixed it.

Thanks FFB thumbsup2.gif

I'm just curious why that book would set people straight about CGG undergrading SA books. I see no reason why CGC wouldn't give it a 9.6, which would mean that CGG undergraded the book by .2

Anyway, here you go. I'm using links instead of images because some people don't like having their screens stretched.

I didn't mind your scans stretching the screen.....but when I tried to respond...I was mmmooovvviiinnnggg iiinnn sssllloooww mmmoootttiiiooonnn............

This guy ' 893frustrated.gif' was barely moving.

That's a gorgeous copy, and deserving of a 9.4. There's no question that CGG can grade (albeit in most cases they seem to try to undergrade rather then just assign a fair grade). Now the question is, will it be restored? frown.gif

Brian

That's a gorgeous copy, and deserving of a 9.4. There's no question that CGG can grade (albeit in most cases they seem to try to undergrade rather then just assign a fair grade). Now the question is, will it be restored? frown.gif

Brian

I would be shocked. There's no color touch anywhere, there is no evidence of any piece replacement, the staples are tight, and the book doesn't appear to have been cleaned or trimmed. Also, Andy had a pretty good handle on the provenance of the book. I expect that it will come back blue from Sarasota.

Brian

I would be shocked. There's no color touch anywhere, there is no evidence of any piece replacement, the staples are tight, and the book doesn't appear to have been cleaned or trimmed. Also, Andy had a pretty good handle on the provenance of the book. I expect that it will come back blue from Sarasota.

scott - certainly a beautiful book, but you didn't answer Beyonder's question, which was mine as well, what makes you think this demonstrates that CGG doesn't undergrade?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and would that tiny tear on the upper edge of back cover keep it out of 9.6 territory? frown.gif

Brian

scott - certainly a beautiful book, but you didn't answer Beyonder's question, which was mine as well, what makes you think this demonstrates that CGG doesn't undergrade?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and would that tiny tear on the upper edge of back cover keep it out of 9.6 territory? frown.gif

Sorry, I thought my answer was implicit in my other answers. I agree with the 9.4. I think it could be fairly graded 9.4 to 9.6, depending on the grader's mood on a given day. It's a borderline book.

Now if they had knocked it down to 9.2 or lower, then I'd be saying some bad things about their grading abilities.

oh, and let me quickly add that a book that looks that good under that kind of magnification has got to be KILLER grin.gif

To be honest with you, I am stunned by it. I can't believe that Andy didn't crack it and send it to CGC.

Brian

Sorry, I thought my answer was implicit in my other answers. I agree with the 9.4. I think it could be fairly graded 9.4 to 9.6, depending on the grader's mood on a given day. It's a borderline book.

Now if they had knocked it down to 9.2 or lower, then I'd be saying some bad things about their grading abilities.

Gotcha!!!!!

now if i could only find my copy - it took a walk with #11 some months ago and hasn't turned up yet. how many times can you search through 50 boxes unsuccessfully without just giving up?? 893frustrated.gif

I own CGC 9.6s with tears longer than the one on this Spidey 10. Here's one; the tear is tough to see in the black cover color, but it's above the right edge of the "M" in "MARVEL":

XMen130.jpg