• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HUGE scans of Amazing Spider-Man #10 CGG 9.4 for your perusal

69 posts in this topic

This book has a legitamate shot at being 9.6

Davidking623

I might be blinded by bias because I own it, but it is the nicest copy of any Amazing Spider-Man comic from 1 to 10 that I have ever held in my hands. cloud9.gif

Davidking623

I might be blinded by bias because I own it, but it is the nicest copy of any Amazing Spider-Man comic from 1 to 10 that I have ever held in my hands. cloud9.gif

you do seem to be very proud of it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Davidking623

What's your point, bookkeeper??? sumo.gif

nice spine, cloud9.gif here's to hoping it's not restored. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If you want to come over and take a look at it, you can. If this thing is restored in any way, I certainly can't see any evidence of it from outside the slab.

Davidking623

What's your point, bookkeeper??? sumo.gif

why I oughta....oughta....ummm.....oughta..... confused-smiley-013.gif

Davidking623

Totally agree with you that this is probably the best copy I've seen physically to date. PQ is questionable, more likely ow-w IMO. Certainly doesn't appear to be restored in anyway & for what you paid, it was a steal. Genuinely think the 9.4 designation is spot on. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Use links next time... 893frustrated.gif

What makes you think CGC won't give it a 9.6?

Don't bother to respond....My computer can't handle another view of this thread...so I won't be back. sorry.gif

OK, I fixed it.

It might get a 9.6. It's on the cusp between 9.4 and 9.6. This book is incredible looking. cloud9.gif

You gonna cross it over? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry I think I forgot to respond to this earlier.

I am considering sending it to CGC. The one thing that is stopping me is the concern that the overflash on the top, bottom, and right edge of this book will get banged up in the CGC inner well. They are perfect right now (except for the tiny tear on the top of the back cover), with no bends whatsoever. If they got dinged in the inner well, I'd never forgive myself for sending it to CGC. The way the inner well of this particular CGG holder is designed, there is nothing for the book to bang into. The edges of the inner well form a V like on your standard mylar sleeves. Honestly, if the effing thing weren't made of PVC, I'd most likely leave it in there.

I am also tempted to send it to Matt Nelson to have it deacidified. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Thoughts, anyone?

Unless you want the resto check and the possibility of scoring a 9.6, I'd crack it and slip it into a nice fresh Mylar and Fullback. It would also give you a chance to fully appreciate the cover gloss.

You're probably asking the wrong guy, however, as I just received yet ANOTHER CGC'd book that has a smushed overhang on the FC that caused a crease to become a tear. It creased the top edge of the BC too. 893frustrated.gif

As for a deacidification by Matt, maybe not a bad idea, but I'll bet that book is fresh enough that it doesn't need it.

I just received yet ANOTHER CGC'd book that has a smushed overhang on the FC that caused a crease to become a tear. It creased the top edge of the BC too. 893frustrated.gif

Major bummer jim! hi.gif

I just received yet ANOTHER CGC'd book that has a smushed overhang on the FC that caused a crease to become a tear. It creased the top edge of the BC too. 893frustrated.gif

Major bummer jim! hi.gif

You just can't send in books with any kind of overhang. 893frustrated.gif Take my AF #15, for example - no over hang there! (yuk, yuk) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

You're probably asking the wrong guy, however, as I just received yet ANOTHER CGC'd book that has a smushed overhang on the FC that caused a crease to become a tear. It creased the top edge of the BC too.

Could you post a scan? How do you know it happened after being slabbed?

Not doubting you as I have a few books that I can see that can slide around in the inner well and there is some bending at the corners.

You're probably asking the wrong guy, however, as I just received yet ANOTHER CGC'd book that has a smushed overhang on the FC that caused a crease to become a tear. It creased the top edge of the BC too.

Not doubting you as I have a few books that I can see that can slide around in the inner well and there is some bending at the corners.

Sure, but I'll have to do it later - I'm at work right now. (but am I really working? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

The smush and tear/crease matches the shape of the top right hand corner of the well. It's not a particularly valuable book - an FF 53 CGC 6.0 that I bought on eBay along with a pretty nice raw FF54 for OS guide of the FF 53.

The point in my frustration, however, is not the value of this particular comic, but rather how seemingly common this type of well damage is.

Sure, but I'll have to do it later - I'm at work right now. (but am I really working? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

The smush and tear/crease matches the shape of the top right hand corner of the well. It's not a particularly valuable book - an FF 53 CGC 6.0 that I bought on eBay along with a pretty nice raw FF54 for OS guide of the FF 53.

The point in my frustration, however, is not the value of this particular comic, but rather how seemingly common this type of well damage is.

Ironically enough, one of the most vociferous posters who railed against this phenomenon is now a CGC grader. Hey Timely, what are you going to do to fix this problem???