• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lee Weeks Working His Magic.

5 posts in this topic

Literally!

My stepdaughter has taken a keen interest in magic and showed him a coin trick. That kicked off a 30 minute magic show featuring Lee Weeks! He is actually a pretty talented amateur magician and he pulled off some stunners.

Weeksmagic.jpg

He was kind enough to give me a complimentary book with a Wolvie head sketch. I haven't read it yet, but at a glance it appears to be a sketchbook/biography.

Weekssig.jpg

The OA to the cover (shown below) was actually for sale. Of course, it was way over my budget but at least I got to appreciate it in person.

WeeksCover.jpg

On page 6, one of Week's early work. I would kill to own this piece! (worship) Something tells me there is no way in hell he would let this one go.

weekscap.jpg

Something else I learned about him, his religion is a strong influence in his life. A woman asked him about a piece in his album (below), which turned out to be John the Baptist. He just outright gave it to her and refused to accept anything in return.

I didn't realize until I flipped through the book that it's featured in there on page 90.

weeksjohn.jpg'

Last, and not least... the page I picked up from him! :whee:

Here Spider-man gets knocked out cold and dreams about his boyhood time with Uncle Ben. I love how Parker is on his knees looking up at Ben, as if he's a kid again.

Weekspage.jpg

The inker, Bob Mcleod was also at the show and I had him sign it as well.

Lee does some killer sketches, here's the Hulk he did for me some time ago. He is a super nice guy too. We talked baseball for a good half an hour at the con.

]75085cee.jpg

(worship)