• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOUR TO GO (Plus Some Promos)

57 posts in this topic

THE 4 DC COMICS TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 26, 27

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4

DC PROMOTIONAL, PREVIEW, AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BATMAN 608 RRP PROMO GIVEAWAY

BUGS BUNNY 64 Page POSTAL EDITION Mini-Comic - 1 (Does this actually exist ???)

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC HORIZONS - 15, 17 onwards

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

JOAN AND GINGER'S MAGAZINE - Any issues containing Superman-Tim cartoon strips except for May, July, and August 1947)

LOONEY TUNES TYSON MINI-COMICS "The Great Scavenger Hunt" - 2, 7, 8, 10

LOONEY TUNES TYSON FIRST SERIES - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Mini-comics - "The Tale Of Teela"

OVERSEAS EDITIONS for US Armed Forces - Superman 27, 28, 72

SCOOBY DOO mini-comic with DVD - "Werewolf Are You" - 1

SPECIAL NAVY EDITION (1944) - 1, 4, 5, 6

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year) - 2

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN 204 RRP PROMO GIVEAWAY

SUPERMAN BROCHURE FROM 1960s Musical "It's A Bird, It's A Plane"

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, February 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, February 45, April 45, May 45, September 45, October 45, December 45, August 46, September 46, June 47, November 47, July 48, November 49, March 50, May 50

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 5 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 24, 41

BINGO COMICS - 1

Hi Ian. I notice you have taken the Action #500 GOLD off your list. Did you find one of these or did you come to the conclusion it does not exist?

Regards Earl.

I came to the conclusion it doesn't exist. I studied the scan of the one that was sold on e-bay a while back and compared it to my Platinum Edition, and they were identical in every way. So, like the Warlord Remco, it clearly doesn't exist.

Now I feel the same applies to the second Bugs Bunny Postal Comic listed in Overstreet. I've found plenty of copies of the main one, but never found any proof of a 64 page mini-comic given away by the US Postal Service, so it appears to be a myth.

Do you know anything about the Superman Golden Press ??? Has it anything to do with the TONS of Superman Golden Press kiddie soft cover books ????

Harley had one of the Comic Cavalcade giveaways in Charlotte. Not sure which though. I think it was a slabbed 9.4

He had two copies of one of them. He sold me one for five hundred bucks, and this would be the other copy of the same issue. I have two of the three Comic Cavalcade giveaways but can't find the third.

And those 1940s Worlds Finest Giveaways are non-existent, as is that "What Do You Know About This Comic's Seal Of Approval" which I've yet to find anyone who's ever seen a copy.

These obscure giveaways are MUCH MUCH rarer than the proper comics. I've yet to find anyone else but me who's ever seen a copy of "The Dirt-Minator". And there are more DC giveaways NOT listed in Overstreet than the ones which ARE listed.

Harley had one of the Comic Cavalcade giveaways in Charlotte. Not sure which though. I think it was a slabbed 9.4

He had two copies of one of them. He sold me one for five hundred bucks, and this would be the other copy of the same issue. I have two of the three Comic Cavalcade giveaways but can't find the third.

And those 1940s Worlds Finest Giveaways are non-existent, as is that "What Do You Know About This Comic's Seal Of Approval" which I've yet to find anyone who's ever seen a copy.

These obscure giveaways are MUCH MUCH rarer than the proper comics. I've yet to find anyone else but me who's ever seen a copy of "The Dirt-Minator". And there are more DC giveaways NOT listed in Overstreet than the ones which ARE listed.

The "Dirt-Minator"? BTW, the Superman 204 RRP isn't out yet, I don't think. Did you send the Detective 119?

The "Dirt-Minator"?

Yes. It's a regular sized full colour DC comic given away as a promotion for Black And Decker's dust-buster small hoover called the Dirt-Minator. I have never ever found anything THIS rare. I mean NO-ONE else has it. And it's got a great cover and the proper DC logo on the comic.

Now I feel the same applies to the second Bugs Bunny Postal Comic listed in Overstreet. I've found plenty of copies of the main one, but never found any proof of a 64 page mini-comic given away by the US Postal Service, so it appears to be a myth.

Ian check with some of the stamp people out there. I believe you were only able to get this comic if you belonged to the STAMPERS CLUB. It was one of those mail-in-for comics.

Ian check with some of the stamp people out there. I believe you were only able to get this comic if you belonged to the STAMPERS CLUB. It was one of those mail-in-for comics.

There was a regular comic sized Bugs Bunny Post Office giveaway comic. On the front cover it has Bugs saying "It does not get any better than this".

Is this what you're referring to, or are you indeed referring to the second mini-comic listed in the Overstreet giveaway section ?????

I need to find out

There was a regular comic sized Bugs Bunny Post Office giveaway comic. On the front cover it has Bugs saying "It does not get any better than this".

Is this what you're referring to, or are you indeed referring to the second mini-comic listed in the Overstreet giveaway section ?????

Yes the regular size Bugs Bunny Post Office comic came out when the Bugs stamp first came out. There was also a smaller version that wasn't well publishized that was only available through STAMPERS. It may have been later when one of the other LOONEY TOON stamps came out. Maybe when PORKY, or DAFFY, or maybe when all were already out. Actually I think it was after they were all out. Some kind of stamp album you had to buy if I remember right. I wish I would of saved the old POST OFFICE STAMP FLYER that told what was coming out at the time. Thats were I remember seeing something about this comic. The POST OFFICE STAMPERS CLUB always had some special thing going on with the stamps. Either trading cards, comics, posters, special post cards, and such. I hope this help ya. Even though I never actually seen the mini-comic your looking for, I only know it exists from the flyer. And I have ordered from the STAMPERS CLUB so I'm sure that if it was in the flyer it very well exist. And then it may be a situation where they might have discontinued the item. That would make it even rarer and harder to find. I remember when I ordered CHINESE NEW YEAR STAMP trading cards from them and they became discontinued just when I ordered. They seemed to do that kind of thing on a regular basis. But it was all pretty cool stuff that wasn't well publishized. Good luck in your search.

The "Dirt-Minator"?

Yes. It's a regular sized full colour DC comic given away as a promotion for Black And Decker's dust-buster small hoover called the Dirt-Minator. I have never ever found anything THIS rare. I mean NO-ONE else has it. And it's got a great cover and the proper DC logo on the comic.

Pic...

521310-BlackandDeckerDirtMinator.JPG

521310-BlackandDeckerDirtMinator.JPG.3a6527a1903f6829f5ae74bf11b02ab2.JPG

Yes the regular size Bugs Bunny Post Office comic came out when the Bugs stamp first came out. There was also a smaller version that wasn't well publishized that was only available through STAMPERS. It may have been later when one of the other LOONEY TOON stamps came out. Maybe when PORKY, or DAFFY, or maybe when all were already out. Actually I think it was after they were all out. Some kind of stamp album you had to buy if I remember right. I wish I would of saved the old POST OFFICE STAMP FLYER that told what was coming out at the time. Thats were I remember seeing something about this comic. The POST OFFICE STAMPERS CLUB always had some special thing going on with the stamps. Either trading cards, comics, posters, special post cards, and such. I hope this help ya. Even though I never actually seen the mini-comic your looking for, I only know it exists from the flyer. And I have ordered from the STAMPERS CLUB so I'm sure that if it was in the flyer it very well exist. And then it may be a situation where they might have discontinued the item. That would make it even rarer and harder to find. I remember when I ordered CHINESE NEW YEAR STAMP trading cards from them and they became discontinued just when I ordered. They seemed to do that kind of thing on a regular basis. But it was all pretty cool stuff that wasn't well publishized. Good luck in your search.

I am so impressed with your knowledge, and now I do indeed have to assume it exists. Any ideas how I can find one ???

I am so impressed with your knowledge, and now I do indeed have to assume it exists. Any ideas how I can find one ???

Thats why I'm known as M.C. grin.gif

Just a guess but you might want to search for LOONEY TOON STAMP ALBUM. Because thats were I believe that comic was originally sold with. Good luck!

The "Dirt-Minator"?

How wonderfully weird.