• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade my hulk 1 Low Grade

36 posts in this topic

The dealer had 2600 positive feedback online. "Silver something" from England. No negatives, I think. I paid just under 6 bills for it. I am looking to turn it over to make a little(or a lot) profit for an upgrade, if I finally see one. True, my price is high alright, but right now it isn't meant for anyone who knows their sh*t, so to speak. I am in no hurry and the price will come down to real value as each week passes. Initially, maybe some newbie with deep pockets will come along. Yahoo auctions have a stranger crowd than ebay.

1.8, 1.5 if you want no arguements. 2.0 would be a loose grade, but argueable given a liberal interpretation of Overstreet grading standards, but 2.5 - that would be a grade from a dealer with a reputation, not a reputable dealer, if you know what I mean.

I know you guys weren't slamming me, I've seen some newbies get flamed on other boards. They get flamed so bad- I feel the pain!

I knew when I bought it it wasn't going to fly at 2.5, but maybe 2.0. Hard to tell on the web when it is raw. Did some thinking last night and lowered my starting price on Yahoo to $850. Still high, but I am just starting out with it, having some fun! yahoo auction cloud9.gif

I know you guys weren't slamming me, I've seen some newbies get flamed on other boards. They get flamed so bad- I feel the pain!

I knew when I bought it it wasn't going to fly at 2.5, but maybe 2.0. Hard to tell on the web when it is raw. Did some thinking last night and lowered my starting price on Yahoo to $850. Still high, but I am just starting out with it, having some fun! yahoo auction cloud9.gif

I can't imagine that many people bother with yahoo. I know that was the first time I checked it in a good 2 months. Toss it up on theBay. =)

Yahoo is kinda slow, but I have seen some keys go for a lot once in a while. Also, Yahoo's fees are much less, but so is their audience. Ebay may be in the future though. I have mixed feelings about selling it. I've wanted it for so long.

Question- Would it be worth the time and money to get it restored? I think it is a good candidiate but I don't know if it would pay to do it if I want to ultimately sell it, if all I do is break even. I don't have any first hand experience in restoration.

You got that right! And ThunderKitten is from Tivoli. We are going to have to put on our own Hudson Valley Con someday!

FFB has been to Red Hook. Not the one in NY though!

redhook.jpg