• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Single Color Cover Comics

37 posts in this topic

So Im trying to come up with my next oddball collection (a'la my Lady in White Gothic Horror collection that you can see HERE ) and I thought...

Every now and then I see a great silver or bronze age comic with a predominant color cover, which just makes it pop off the wall!

I wanted to see if people would post some of their favorites, and see if it would create an interesting collection for my next endeavor.

I though Comics General would be the place to ask since this could be from a variety of eras...

Here are some examples (not my boooks):

Red: Iron Man 13 and a Thor 153

IxsIo.jpgmKj21.jpg

Blue: Tales to Astonish 98

P6Kus.jpg

Green FF#79

AhBZG.jpg

Yellow: Fury 16

o4ZXi.jpg

What are some of your favorite (essentially) single color covers?

:hi: Hey Met!

I've been looking forward to your next collecting challenge. This is a pretty cool idea that could cover all eras of comics (based on the pics folks are posting).

What parameters do you think you would use to dial in the focus a bit as this could easily turn into a very long several hundred (at the least) book hunt? Maybe tune the focus to a certain color or era? There are many possibilities. hm

Here is a modern that came to mind:

9337611_1.jpg

:hi: Hey Met!

I've been looking forward to your next collecting challenge. This is a pretty cool idea that could cover all eras of comics (based on the pics folks are posting).

What parameters do you think you would use to dial in the focus a bit as this could easily turn into a very long several hundred (at the least) book hunt? Maybe tune the focus to a certain color or era? There are many possibilities. hm

Glad to know my odd little collection/challenges are entertaining!

I think Silver Age will give me enough volume to have plenty of targets of all the colors of the rainbow.

Im thinking of doing it as multiple runs thru the spectrum, and not starting a new run untill the current one is complete.

so ROYGBIV or how ever it works.

Im also thinking of doing one master spectrum with as many books as I think will fit into the various hues between each color... so it can be as big or small as my eye decides.

One thing is a set like this would require a focus on "well presenting" grades, at least in terms of the cover colors not being faded...

here are a few more x-men, keep the examples coming, they are awesome and striking!

X-men 41: Red

GHsjr.jpg

X-men 50: A nice yellow to green transition book as we move thru the spectrum:

9YqYt.jpg

9YqYt.jpg

someone mentioned it but no one posted yet

avengers57.jpg

and man do i love the Iron Man 13

Also the GL 76 is obviously a must have as well. Check my sig