• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con 9/8 & 9/9 2012

129 posts in this topic

If you need to book a room I suggest you do it immediately. The Yankees are in town and room availability is becoming scarce around the inner harbor.

Another reason to hate the Yankees!!!

+1

I was wondering why hotel rates for Inner Harbor were sky high... I gotta figure out if I'm coming and where to stay, just gotta recover from another little show first. :)

Grrrr!!!! It's almost every year that Marc books theshow the same weekend that the Yankees are in town.

It's really not that bad getting around though. Biggest problem with this is that the harbor will be packed and it will be a pain to get lunch.

Definitely one of the the best comic-only shows around. Most dealers have only comics and related merchandise. All of the guests are comic artists and writers. No media guests, unless you count Stan Lee.

With the ball game that weekend, expect parking garage rates to go up. The place I use is normally $10 but on a game day they double it because its so close to the stadium.

The parking lot across from the Sheraton is normally $7, but raises to $10 during events and games. If anyone is interested in the exact address let me know; it's only a few blocks up from the convention center.

Exact address would be helpful, please post!

The corner of Pratt St and South st is The Gallery shopping area. There is a big garage in the basement. Also about 5 blocks east of the convention center, at the corner of Pratt St and Gay St there is the shopping center with Best Buy. There is a garage there. If You turn north on Gay St, there are about 2 more garages a couple blocks up as a last resort. You will end up walking like 6 blocks to the convention from there.

I see some posts from facilitators saying they will be accepting submissions to get books signed and submitted for SS.

How about for those of us who are going to the show? Does CGC have witnesses "for hire" or "for rent" who will follow you around to the signings?

This is my first con and I'd like to get Larry Hama and Herb Trimpe to sign some of my early G.I. Joe books. Might be nice to have Stan sign one of them, too - but I get the impression that all of his stuff has to go through DWC.

Any help or info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ryan