• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Film and Comic Con Any Good?

23 posts in this topic

I've just moved to London for the year, and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the LFCC aka London Film and Comic-Con. I see that there's a mixture of Genre-TV type stuff, with comics, and was just wondering if any UK forum users know if the Con's any good?

Is the Comic Section pretty minor part of the con? Are there dealers that travel there, or is it the same shops that are around town?

Either way tickets seem cheap, and the Batmobile's there so I guess I'll be going!

I went a few years ago when it was at Wembley and I met Adam West :cloud9: but comics are thin on the ground.

Also, Incognito? Really? It's just as well they're nice guys, that way you won't mind paying double Fmv for everything. (tsk)

Comicana is the way to go. (thumbs u

Also, Incognito? Really? It's just as well they're nice guys, that way you won't mind paying double Fmv for everything. (tsk)

They overgrade their raw stock as well.

They overgrade their raw stock as well.

Last time I saw them, which was at BICS, Incognito had some fantastic, hard-to-find sealed hardcovers in a 3-for-2 sale.  Nice bit of cherry picking by me there. The wall comics did look very overgraded and priced quite aggressively.  Saved my money for the boards,  common sense prevailing.

Not as bad as Silver Acre :facepalm:

Don't get me started on them! :mad:

Silver Acre Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Silver Acre Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Silver Acre. :sumo::facepalm::slapfight:

Someone who has absolutely no respect for the customer, obviously enjoys playing games and messing about, and I got bored and wary of going anywhere near very, very quickly.

Silver Acre Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Silver Acre Spoon Spoon Spoon Spoon Silver Acre. :sumo::facepalm::slapfight:

It's great to see that Darryl is so well respected and highly thought of... he's a :censored: wit of the highest caliber!

Comicana are the :busy: Knees...and receive a generous amount of manlove from us UK boardies for their sterling efforts :)

As for the LF&CC I've been once and that was enough thank you very much. :(

I'm going to this but I'm going more for the comic guests than buying comics. This year's lineup has Jim Starlin, Gary Frank, Jesus Saiz, Alan Davis, Mike Ploog and Dan Abnett among others. They're actually putting some effort into the comic stuff.