• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DROOL....MORE PEDIGREE EYE CANDY.....

30 posts in this topic

ONLY $30,000? I'll take two please.... grin.gif

Sweet book, but horrid story (Aliens create a robotic neanderthal that takes over a town and controls the people through hypnotism).

Come to think of it though, that might work for an Iron Man movie premise. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow! This is one of the few early Marvels from the Western PA pedigree that I've seen. If the collection is filled with other books from '62-'63 that look like this one, then I'd sure like to see more of 'em. Where the heck are the early '60s Western PA Marvels?

Wow! This is one of the few early Marvels from the Western PA pedigree that I've seen. If the collection is filled with other books from '62-'63 that look like this one, then I'd sure like to see more of 'em. Where the heck are the early '60s Western PA Marvels?

I was going to post the exact same thing. Haspel told me last year the earliest Marvel Western Penn they had seen was DD #1 at CGC 8.5, but that he had heard the run was pretty close to complete. Wonder how many others got recently slabbed? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was going to post the exact same thing. Haspel told me last year the earliest Marvel Western Penn they had seen was DD #1 at CGC 8.5, but that he had heard the run was pretty close to complete. Wonder how many others got recently slabbed? confused-smiley-013.gif

According to Tripps, many of the top of census TTAs and STs are Western Penn. I had the Western Penn DD 2, 3 and 4 (all 9.4), and Sgt Fury 4 and 12 (9.4 and 9.6, respectively). The DD 2 was grossly undergraded in my opinion, I thought it was a solid 9.6. I've also seen a Western Penn DD 7 (9.4), and I believe Tripps' Sgt Fury 5 is a Western Penn (9.2).

I've never seen any other SA Western Penns. Probably the guys who would know more about the Western Penns than just about anybody would be Linmoth or Brulato (both coincidentally named Tom). So Tom, care to shed some light on what other Western Penn runs of Marvels are out there? To your knowledge have any been graded, and are most of them as sweet as the TOS 40?

Western Penn is probably my favorite pedigree, ever since I purchased my first raw copy years ago (the Sgt Fury 4). The DCs are absolutely unbelievable. I bow to the general consensus that PC is the superior pedigree overall, but Western Penn will always hold a special place for me. cloud9.gif

-Tim

western penns would prob have to be the 2nd best silver pedigree in terms of size of collection and range fo titles and consistency of 9.4 or better

supposedly the collection did also include golden age !!!!

i remember the dd 7 on ebay, i think mike grissmer ended up paying $5k for it

According to Tripps, many of the top of census TTAs and STs are Western Penn. I had the Western Penn DD 2, 3 and 4 (all 9.4), and Sgt Fury 4 and 12 (9.4 and 9.6, respectively). The DD 2 was grossly undergraded in my opinion, I thought it was a solid 9.6. I've also seen a Western Penn DD 7 (9.4), and I believe Tripps' Sgt Fury 5 is a Western Penn (9.2).

Wow is right. 893whatthe.gif A sweet collection indeed.

I own a few Western Penn ASM's pre-100 that are all 9.4's. I talked to Chris Cole, and he said that he didn't get to see the early ASMs but heard they're all at least 9.2 or better (with most being 9.4).

Brian

Well.. sob. Is someone just staring at the Pedigree website waiting for updates? I missed all 3 of those damned STT's, they must've sold within minutes.

Brian

More likely sold before being "listed." gossip.gif Then listed to advertise the sale. confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow.. is it just me.. or does Gargantus Loin Cloth.. look like it is actually fuzzy?.. and if you could touch it.. you could feel the fur?

It looks 3D.

Reminds me of my little girls " Touch The Bunny's Tail Childrens Book"

That color strike is awesome.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Z

Those are pretty strong prices, for comparison I paid 575 for my STT 123 9.4 which is just as tough (if not tougher) than these and features the first app of The Beetle. Still would've gladly paid it though as 9.4's of STT are impossible to find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.. sob. Is someone just staring at the Pedigree website waiting for updates? I missed all 3 of those damned STT's, they must've sold within minutes.

Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More likely sold before being "listed." Then listed to advertise the sale.

Correct!!!!!

It's still nice to see them listed as it helps provide more information for future purchases.

The prices were high compared to prior sales, but very reasonable based on current demand.