• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis Series- OPINIONS WANTED

26 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I am only recently starting to collect the Superman/Batman Comics and picked up a copy of Identity Crisis # 1. Just curious what people think of it??

I definately love Mike Turner's Artwork acclaim.gif

I have not read any of the Superman/Batman comics yet...Im really into the Ultimate Fantastic Four and Emma Frost at the moment!

Opinions are appreciated! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

~thunderkitten

Well, as old man of 37 years of age (I have old soul I've been told), I respect continuity. I put Identity Crisis up there with JSA. It's a great read especially if you read DC in the 70's. Elongated Man is back as a major key player. Reminds me of the Detective backup stories as a mystery solver.

I recommend it and I'm biased because I'm an old DC reader.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Well, as old man of 37 years of age (I have old soul I've been told), I respect continuity. I put Identity Crisis up there with JSA. It's a great read especially if you read DC in the 70's. Elongated Man is back as a major key player. Reminds me of the Detective backup stories as a mystery solver.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif 37 is young tongue.gif

Hi everyone. I am only recently starting to collect the Superman/Batman Comics and picked up a copy of Identity Crisis # 1. Just curious what people think of it??

I definately love Mike Turner's Artwork acclaim.gif

I have not read any of the Superman/Batman comics yet...Im really into the Ultimate Fantastic Four and Emma Frost at the moment!

Opinions are appreciated! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

~thunderkitten

There are a few threads over in the Modern forum you might want read on this

subject laugh.gif

as a 30 year old DC hater (usually), I find that I'm drawn to Dc by Turner's artwork, only to be drawn in further by the entertaining and engaging storylines by today's talent. I have no clue who Elongated man is, (an unfunny plastic man knockoff who is as good as a detective as Batman?) but I really got to know the kind of man he was towards his wife and how the rest of the Justice League saw him and his realtionship with his wife. The introductory mystery is enough to get me hooked to look forward to what happens in issue two. Maybe if my mind was polluted with old pre-Crisis DC continuity, I would probably find this appraoch along with the re-intro of Supergirl on Supes/Bats and the reboot of Teen Titans much less enjoyable and gimmicky. I'm real glad I'm getting a FRESH perspective on these characters....

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif 37 is young tongue.gif

And I'm the big 35 today, so 40 is looking younger and younger...

As a 41 year old DC reader,....Ehh confused-smiley-013.gif...it didn't move me either way,..artwork was good and it's nice to see the Bronze age Justice League together again , but Sue Dinby??,...no offense E-man, but...who cares?..they should have picked a stronger character to kill...

Definitely worth the read. Maybe 'House has some copies if your LCS is out? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am a big fan of the DC universe and this story line has me going back to the comic book store on a regular basis. The first story was good and Brad is a pretty smooth writer. I liked this development and the cliff hanger ending. Should be a fun ride thumbsup2.gif

As a 41 year old DC reader,....Ehh ...it didn't move me either way,..artwork was good and it's nice to see the Bronze age Justice League together again , but Sue Dinby??,...no offense E-man, but...who cares?..they should have picked a stronger character to kill...

Sue Dinby is the first to die but am I wrong in assuming she won't be the last...bwah hah ha...

CRC

It's a great read especially if you read DC in the 70's. Elongated Man is back as a major key player. Reminds me of the Detective backup stories as a mystery solver.

As am I.

It's the best new Superhero DC comic of the year.

It makes me proud to collect them right up to date.

Jeepers Thunderkitten, you must have heard us talking about you! And then POP, there you are!

Well Im here now......so what did you have to say about me? 893naughty-thumb.gif

and on the birthday note......I just turned 25 yesterday! acclaim.gif

blush.gif

Thank you...thank you. I am now "a quarter of a century old". 893whatthe.gif

How has everyone been on the boards anyway? I havent been here in a while as I can see the same old boring people have been running their mouths.

Its more fun when I am here. . . 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif