• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 9-12, 2012

118 posts in this topic

This will be my first time at Chicago - any tips?

Where comfy clothing, bring lots of money, shower and wear deodorant and have fun!

My favourite show of the year :banana:

Jim

You should leave a day earlier.

I'll be there Wednesday same as every year other than the first :baiting:

JJ

You going to be my mule again? I need some stuff brought over and want to fly as the alternative is listening to you for 8 hours :baiting:

Barb and Drew will be with me, you're missing a helluva road trip. :baiting:

JJ

If the Drew that you are carting is Wasonff, he will be the coolest person in the car, after Barb.

Jim

JJ

You going to be my mule again? I need some stuff brought over and want to fly as the alternative is listening to you for 8 hours :baiting:

JJ

If the Drew that you are carting is Wasonff, he will be the coolest person in the car, after Barb.

Then comes the mirror-hanging air-freshener. But you're a close 4th, JJ.

Jim

JJ

JJ

Then comes the mirror-hanging air-freshener. But you're a close 4th, JJ.

:sumo:

Don't be overwhelmed.

If it's just you and a buddy and you're starving, you still don't need the large from Giordanos.

Don't stay at the Motel 6

Try and play cards on the Saturday night, you'll meet most people/boardies right there.

Make sure to visit HighGradeComics and Dale Roberts before seeing anybody else.

Hanging out at the Hyatt bar every night is a favourite pastime, and if a girl asks you to take a picture with her and her smurf, make sure you're with Jeff at Hotflips

If your first trip is anything like my first trip, be prepared to meet some of the best friends you'll ever have that weekend.

Jim

Don't be overwhelmed.

If it's just you and a buddy and you're starving, you still don't need the large from Giordanos.

Try and play cards on the Saturday Friday night, you'll meet most people/boardies right there.

Hanging out at the Hyatt bar every night is a favourite pastime, and if a girl asks you to take a picture with her and her smurf, make sure you're with Jeff at Hotflips

If your first trip is anything like my first trip, be prepared to meet some of the best friends you'll ever have that weekend.

Jim

Don't ever look Jim in the eyes. Speak only when spoken to. Hyatt cops have no sense of humor. Pace yourself, it's a long show. Offer constructive criticism to Wizard, but only after midnight.

Where comfy clothing, bring lots of money, shower and wear deodorant and have fun!

shower and wear deodorant :idea:

There should be a banner of this at the entrance, last year was funky

Don't be overwhelmed.

Try and play cards on the Saturday Friday night, you'll meet most people/boardies right there.

Jim

Don't ever look Jim in the eyes. Speak only when spoken to. Hyatt cops have no sense of humor. Pace yourself, it's a long show. Offer constructive criticism to Wizard, but only after midnight.

:roflmao:

Don't be overwhelmed.

Jim

:roflmao:

Oh yeah and don't worry, getting shot down by a girl in a wheelchair who just came out of a coma, doesn't mean you don't "have it" anymore. :foryou:

JJ

Perhaps this would be the best place to ask, since I'm assuming most of you have attending this convention before: my wife's health isn't the best and is unpredictable, so we were hoping to refund our tickets but found out we couldn't. Can we sell/transfer the tickets? If so, please let me know how.

Jim

JJ

JJ

Seanfingh would probably be the coolest though. Look forward to seeing you (thumbs u