• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer #4 Value

31 posts in this topic

Only a 9.6 Barton?!? I am disappointed in you buddy! lol

:jokealert:

Seriously, amazing book as always! (worship) like I always say, you are one of the true TITANS of our hobby! I wish some of the others up in your rarified air would grace us with as many of their books as guys like you and Doc Joe do! I'll never have them for myself but at least I can live vicariously thru your scans! :cloud9:

if you don't like it, I will gladly take that off your hands! :baiting:

I searched for like 6-7 years in the 90's for a HG copy and never could get one. This was the best copy i ever could find. It cost me probably as much as i could sell it now for even though i bought it like 15 years ago. I got it slabbed back in like 2000-2001 and though i would get a 9.2 but that crease just killed it. Without that, its probably 9.4 and maybe 9.6 with a press but i found out the hard way just how much CGC hates cover creases when i submitted it! :cry:

silsurf4.jpg

hm

It would take a LOT. it's "only" a 8.5 but damn nice in hand. The freaking little cb crease in the upper left kills the technical grade but if you held it with your thumb covering the crease, you'd think it was a 9.6. Even without the crease it doesn't look quite as nice as Barton's but looks about the same as the HA 9.6. Damn crease! :cry:

I wanna say I bought it in like 96 and it was probably the most expensive book I ever bought at that point. It looked so nice in a Mylar it's the only book I would consider cracking. It was the 1st book I ever subbed in a batch of like 10. All the others were within 1 bump of what I figured they would be but I was crushed it came back so low. I only owned like 3 slabs then and had zero clue about their grading but stupidly thought it might still get like a 9.2-9.4 :screwy:

hm

It would take a LOT. it's "only" a 8.5 but damn nice in hand. The freaking little cb crease in the upper left kills the technical grade but if you held it with your thumb covering the crease, you'd think it was a 9.6. Even without the crease it doesn't look quite as nice as Barton's but looks about the same as the HA 9.6. Damn crease! :cry:

I wanna say I bought it in like 96 and it was probably the most expensive book I ever bought at that point. It looked so nice in a Mylar it's the only book I would consider cracking. It was the 1st book I ever subbed in a batch of like 10. All the others were within 1 bump of what I figured they would be but I was crushed it came back so low. I only owned like 3 slabs then and had zero clue about their grading but stupidly thought it might still get like a 9.2-9.4 :screwy:

Well brother if you ever want to sell please keep me in mind.