• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta comic con

10 posts in this topic

How does ATL not have a big show ???

I would "assume" :makepoint: that it was much like St. Louis and there was no one central organizer with the connections and funds willing to put forth the effort to make it happen. Luckily that has started to change over the last three years in StL with a dedicated group of people, sometimes an area just needs someone to stand up and take charge.

DragonCon?

Agreed, it's not very comic based anymore but its origins are the Atlanta Comic Expo and now 30,000 + of your closest friends come every year to the ATL for it.

Well, Wizard actually bought this show from Wes, did one Wizard World and that was a joke. Now they dont even have a listing for the show anymore on their website. We have Dragon-con but it has steered away from comics over the years. Still a great show though.

I would LOVE a full 3 day weekend event.

Yep, I went to that Wizard show in Atlanta. Got some great stuff because there were no crowds. I honestly think if they had given it another year or two to grow and maybe a better site, it would have grown.