• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man cartoon : The '67 Collection on DVD

33 posts in this topic

Can you say 'multi-regional DVD player'? confused-smiley-013.gif

If I try hard enough.....:)

But I already own 4 players, and NOT looking for another one, besides they are illegal in Belgium; can't be sold and if customs detect one, you lose the player + get a fine. You can't even rent or buy any Region 1 DVDs over here... mad.gif

There are tons of players you can hack yourself to make it region free. Sometimes it's as simple as pressing a few buttons on the remote. You can search the net to see if any of the players you already own can be hacked in such a manner.

Cartoon Network ran the old FF cartoons last year during early mornings. I started to tape them but my infant daughter destoyed the tapes. Keep an eye on Cartoon Network as they usually cycle these old cartoons every so often. I have taped almost all episodes of Superfriends and some Batman Beyond and Superman TAS from CN is the past few years.

There are tons of players you can hack yourself to make it region free. Sometimes it's as simple as pressing a few buttons on the remote. You can search the net to see if any of the players you already own can be hacked in such a manner.

Yup, Tom is right. Mine was made region free just by accessing a hidden manufactures menu by pressing buttons on the remote in the right order.

This site is a great source for all things DVD. This is the specific page you need to search for your player on.

They still replay those Spidey toons late at night but I love them. Now I'll have that music in my head all day. They should use bits of the original song in the new movie, the crowd would go bananas.

They actually have a remake of the original cartoon song planned for Spiderman 2. I heard it on MTV, and its performed by some punk rock band.

They still replay those Spidey toons late at night but I love them. Now I'll have that music in my head all day. They should use bits of the original song in the new movie, the crowd would go bananas.

They actually have a remake of the original cartoon song planned for Spiderman 2. I heard it on MTV, and its performed by some punk rock band.

The Ramones did a pretty good punk-rock version of the song a few years ago...

Ahh, the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man cartoons. Although they didn't use comic stills to animate the thing like the craptacular Sub Mariner/Captain America stuff from the 60's, they did recycle the same scenes of Spidey swinging thru the city each episode, and there isn't a lot of fluid movement like you would see on cartoons today (though South Park doesn't need that and it's still great!) The only thing that bugged me about this Spider-Man series is that Spidey's webs aren't drawn on his suit below his mask. I guess the animators decided it would be too complicated to finish his webbing on his chest and arms...

Still, some great episodes here. Peter Parker taking a date to a "mod" club in one (forgot which), and the one where Spidey goes to another dimension with dinosaurs... My childhood was greatly influenced by these toons!

As for the Fantastic Four, I bet they'll release those when the live action movie comes out. Loved the one with The Silver Surfer and Galactus!

Cartoon Network ran the old FF cartoons last year during early mornings. I started to tape them but my infant daughter destoyed the tapes.

Sent you a PM. I can help you out with these. smile.gif