• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Loki pulled a fast one on The Avengers and the audience

33 posts in this topic

Did the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's Vault have the Infinity Gems?

They were actually Infinity Jujubes as placeholders awaiting the arrival of Thanos, with a fail-safe protection system of one Volstagg who will eat them if Thanos even comes close to the Gauntlet.

Very wise, Odin. Very wise!

Did the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's Vault have the Infinity Gems?

It looked like it...all but the Mind Gem, which was in Loki's Staff in Avengers.

Only two of the gems have a color tint. The others could just be placeholders.

The Gem in Loki's staff was Blue and possibly the Mind Gem.

Locating the other gems will probably factor into the other movies leading up to Avengers 2.

Only two of the gems have a color tint. The others could just be placeholders.

The Gem in Loki's staff was Blue and possibly the Mind Gem.

Locating the other gems will probably factor into the other movies leading up to Avengers 2.

Sorry, yes...the Mind Gem.

That's what I meant.

***Spoiler alert***

The whole article seems to stem from the premise that Loki wanted to be taken back to Asgard somehow so he can essentially have a shot at the Infinity Gauntlet. Didn't Thor offer to take him home very early in the movie when he lifted Loki from the plane where he was being held by Cap and Ironman? Seems to me the movie could have ended right there if that was the case.

Seems to me that Loki might be Thano's fool, that he doesn't know about Thano's plan to get the Infinity Gauntlet, or he would just try to get it himself.

The whole article seems to stem from the premise that Loki wanted to be taken back to Asgard somehow so he can essentially have a shot at the Infinity Gauntlet. Didn't Thor offer to take him home very early in the movie when he lifted Loki from the plane where he was being held by Cap and Ironman? Seems to me the movie could have ended right there if that was the case.

Might want to read it again, I think you have it transposed--his idea is that Thanos wants the gauntlet, Loki wants to rule Asgard.

Thanos has a habit of setting up intricate plans with an in- built fail factor.  He has a tendency to sabotage himself. Loki prefers win/win strategies, so I question if it's a good idea in the long run for him to form an alliance with the Mad Titan?  Fundamental conflict of interests if they work together.

Except he didn't have the Cosmic Cube on him when Thor came a knocking. I don't think much of that article was breaking news. This had basically been previously mentioned on the boards. As soon as I saw the ending I thought, "Smart letting Thor have the Cube, now Loki is back in Asgard...along with the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet. Depending on how much money these movies continue to make they could drag things out and have one movie where Thanos takes the cube and notices the Gauntlet and comes back for that in a sequel. Of course dragging things out would probably lead to some crappy films but they won't case as long as they still rake in the big bucks.