• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS - Huh?

12 posts in this topic

Just wait until the final prices for the Eides JIMs come in, we'll all be walking around with our jaws on the ground in astonishment.

But those books are rarely offered for sale. And HooDeeDoo sold his for incredible multiples, so I won't be that surprised.

Yes, but it takes Two to Tango.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That depends....what was the reserve?

On the TOS #41 the reserve was $1,000 (I believe). It sold for 75% more than the reserve (and it's not like Jason puts super low reserves on books).

On the TOS #41 the reserve was $1,000 (I believe). It sold for 75% more than the reserve (and it's not like Jason puts super low reserves on books).

No kidding. They always seem to hit though, don't they? His reserves always seem to be within fair market value. confused-smiley-013.gif

TOS that are that old are VERY difficult to come by in HG. you don't see them up for sale too often. IMO it's a similar situation with all of Marvels big four previous monster titles, the starring characters just weren't that popular back then and the collecting mania didn't get started for another 2 years.........my earliest copies of TOS, TTA, JIM and ST are routinely not so hot, except for the occasional gem. grin.gif

my copy of TOS 42 looks like Ironman actually did bust through the front cover 893whatthe.gif

No kidding. They always seem to hit though, don't they? His reserves always seem to be within fair market value. confused-smiley-013.gif

He clearly knows what the books are worth, and his prices are very fair. But you occasionally have the odd book with an un-crackable reserve. But since he takes consignments, I guess that isn't always under his control.