• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 54 2nd copy

23 posts in this topic

Robtothec, I'll end up keeping the copy as a trader for now. Hopefully someone who just wants a copy will be happy with it.

Thanks porky for the grade. Hoping others will chime in too.

Thanks guys, I also forgot to mention that the interior pages aren't the best either. I'm not surprised though. I've been buying comics off of ebay since 2001 and as the years have gone on the grading has gotten worse, lol. I'm hoping to strike a gem of a dealer but that is getting hard.

Would still love more feedback!

Jason

So actual listing:

AVENGERS #54 1968 VF/NM 9.2/9.0 HIGH GRADE MARVEL 'CGC IT'

IMO the seller should offer a 100% refund, and should offer to pay for shipping back to the seller, let's say $10 even though shipping will be $2.10.

Check, done that.

The buyer should have checked out the comic himself, maybe came by the seller's house to have a look at the comic since he lived in the same city (close enough), take it out of the bag, examine it, look at it, touch it with his own hands, put his own grade on it....

Check, done that.

Hmmm, what else...

There's a lot more else which required a call to eBay.

So actual listing:

AVENGERS #54 1968 VF/NM 9.2/9.0 HIGH GRADE MARVEL 'CGC IT'

IMO the seller should offer a 100% refund, and should offer to pay for shipping back to the seller, let's say $10 even though shipping will be $2.10.

Check, done that.

The buyer should have checked out the comic himself, maybe came by the seller's house to have a look at the comic since he lived in the same city (close enough), take it out of the bag, examine it, look at it, touch it with his own hands, put his own grade on it....

Check, done that.

Hmmm, what else...

There's a lot more else which required a call to eBay.

I never asked you for a refund, nor did I want one. I honestly can't believe after the back and forth we have had over the last several days that you think that is what I was after.

Furthermore I have asked you to stop harassing me with childish emails and vulgarities. Despite that you sign up on the boards to do just that.

This is a grading thread (something you should use before posting your own grades on your ebay listings, fyi) and not an air our dirty laundry thread.

If you want to speak your side of the story I am sure there is a place for that on these forums.

Furthermore you come to the website where many posters are avid ebayers who buy comics. Do you really think coming here endears you any more to anyone thinking of buying from you?

You are a kid just starting out with your comic collecting.

This is a grading thread. Learn how to grade yourself, you had the book in your hands before you handed over the money, You physically looked at it, you were afraid to take it out of the bag and I had to do it. No one really cares about this You didn't even post the high res pics I used.

I've been here before and on other comic sites, buyers will buy from sellers that have what they want in close to the grade listed, I will not get any more buyers based on my posts here, and all the other posters know that.

There's more but as I said before no one cares, I just can't stand it when you try to manipulate.

This is a grading thread. Learn how to grade yourself, you had the book in your hands before you handed over the money, You physically looked at it, you were afraid to take it out of the bag and I had to do it. No one really cares about this You didn't even post the high res pics I used.

I've been here before and on other comic sites, buyers will buy from sellers that have what they want in close to the grade listed, I will not get any more buyers based on my posts here, and all the other posters know that.

There's more but as I said before no one cares, I just can't stand it when you try to manipulate.

Really? What was the name you were booted under? hm

I don't know what you're person_without_enough_empathying about??? You grade was WAY off (thumbs u

It doesn't matter if he held the book or not. Maybe he is a kid that doesn't know how to grade. What's your excuse? (shrug)

How about the book is actually the grade listed, you should know you cannot tell from pictures alone if you are a long time buyer, did you have the book in your hands?

And if the buyer isn't happy, the seller should offer a 100% refund, and with extra for the shipping, don't you think?? Oh yeah, it was offered but refused. And then the fun stories started.

That's the whole point, he's learning how to grade via this thread.

If you're trying to grow the hobby by encouraging new blood you're doing a bloody poor job.

lol. Since there have been surprisingly two responses from members that seem to know their grades, is this a comic you would send for CGC for the top tier $95, never mind what shipping would be from Canada, after initially paying $41 and touching the actual comic? This is all hypothetical and for some reason has wings.

Ok, we get it! He held it in his hands and still bought it thinking/hoping it was a 9.2. He doesn't know gow to grade very well. That's not a crime. He's here trying to learn! Hell, half the time I can't grade, it takes a long time to learn what to look for.

Again though, what exactly is your excuse for listing that as 9.0-9.2? Maybe the scan isn't that great, are you saying that's a 9.2 book. Hey I commend you for offering a refund(if you did) but If you think that book looks like a 9.2, you need to spend a lot more time in this thread before selling any more raws! (thumbs u