• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back again with CGG (along with CGC)

458 posts in this topic

Hi Daniel smile.gif

Hi Steve cool.gif

Steve, you have a great product and I will continue to use CGC. As a matter of fact I will be bringing a small lot of my best Economy level books to Chicago for on-site grading as well as preparing an order of my 30 best Moderns to submit soon through the normal route.

However, I cannot be exclusive to CGC anymore. Months ago I used both services fairly equally before stopping my service with CGG due to some bad press here on the boards and being somewhat ridiculed by fellow board members. It made me even question my own slabbing decisions. However, with CGC's turnaround in such disarray, I need alternatives for my slabbing requirements and CGG will suite me just fine. I have many high grade Bronze horror books that I do not want to wait four months to get back, and because of their value do not justify the $40 on-site fee for Economy. As these are not high dollar books I am also not worried about restoration detection. CGG's $14 and one-month turnaround (including shipping both ways) will do me just fine with these books. I'll also add some Moderns to that mix for $10 a pop that I can benefit off of with some current interest. It's just business and I need to do what is best for my business. I find selling a CGG graded book is most definitely better than selling raw as the difference in most cases is well over CGG's slabbing fee.

So CGG (and Daniel if you are reading this) you'll see my submission within the next week or two.

Steve, I'll see you in San Diego and Chicago and you'll see my primo stuff in Chicago.

-------Sid

Sid you shouldn't let what is said to you influence what you do with your books, unless you need help with them. They are your books, you should do what you please with them.

If you want to submit to CGG, then have at it. Although you really don't need to announce it either way. I hope you get great grades and make money off your submissions. thumbsup2.gif

More power to you I suppose.

If you feel that CGG's problems can be overlooked than so be it.

None of those problems were ever really fixed though.

PVC well? Check.

Undergrading? Check.

Scan problems not resolved? Check.

Back in bed with TDCardsncomics? Check.

No real restoration expert? Check.

Only thing that seems to be under control is Daniel, who doesn't say much. Guess the meds are helping to control the foot-in-mouth disease.

Seems like a real bargain at $14 and one month.

K

Why do you feel the need to announce it?

Jim

Well, to be honest, just to make a point to CGC in order to let them know that their slow turnaround really IS affecting both them (in a negative way) and CGG (in a positive way). Plus, it's not as if most everyone else does not make their own announcements, on this or that subject or whatever. Due to the fact that this is an unpopular statement to announce in this venue, I can understand getting a little slack for it. Oh well. ------Sid

More power to you I suppose.

If you feel that CGG's problems can be overlooked than so be it.

PVC well? Check.

Undergrading? Check.

Scan problems not resolved? Check.

Back in bed with TDCardsncomics? Check.

No real restoration expert? Check.

Only thing that seems to be under control is Daniel, who doesn't say much. Guess the meds are helping to control the foot-in-mouth disease.

Seems like a real bargain at $14 and one month.

K

DENIAL ALONG WITH BLINDERS USUALLY WORKS BEST!

PVC well? Check. 1 WTF Sell it to make a dollar to heck with the customer for it not being a quality (safe for the comic) product!

Undergrading? Check. 2 COMICS GOING GONE GUIDE

Scan problems not resolved? Check. 3 Part of being MICKEY MOUSE!

Back in bed with TDCardsncomics? Check. 4 When you need business you take care of number 1 You Yourself and TDCardsncomics

No real restoration expert? Check. 5 Cant afford it!

Like I said

CGG ? I WOULDNT SEND THESE GUYS MY READERS ,LET ALONE MY HIGH GRADES!

Davidking623

I can understand getting a little slack for it. Oh well. ------Sid

"Slack" = getting a break

Flack = a hard time

Example of flack:

You suck!

Example of slack:

We forgive you for seeking out "dirty CGG love".

thumbsup2.gif

I can understand getting a little slack for it. Oh well. ------Sid

"Slack" = getting a break

Flack = a hard time

Example of flack:

You suck!

Example of slack:

We forgive you for seeking out "dirty CGG love".

thumbsup2.gif

SLACK:

1. Moving slowly; sluggish: a slack pace.

2. Lacking in activity; not busy: a slack season for the travel business.

3. Not tense or taut; loose: a slack rope; slack muscles. See Synonyms at loose.

4. Lacking firmness; flaccid: a slack grip.

5. Lacking in diligence or due care or concern; negligent: a slack worker. See Synonyms at negligent.

6. Flowing or blowing with little speed: a slack current; slack winds.

7. Linguistics. Pronounced with the muscles of the tongue and jaw relatively relaxed; lax.

FLACK:

1. Roberta%20Flack%202.jpg

Hey, you guys need to realize that I would be submitting to CGG for the one and only purpose of selling these books on Ebay. I won't be keeping the dang things. This decision is from a business perspective. Considering the cost, but much moreso the time involved with CGC slabs, it is just not wise to submit my fairly inexpensive Economy books, and hype-driven Moderns to CGC. People DO buy CGG books. And as long as you get a halfway decent grade, the CGG slabs sell for MUCH MORE than selling the same book raw. Believe me, I've done it both ways. So, tie up your books for four months with CGC and then sell them? Or make a little less money but turn the books over a heck of alot faster with CGG? Just a business decision guys, and I think a pretty good one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm not talkin' about 'Tec 27 of AF #15 ya' know. Mostly just books with a FMV under $200. ------Sid

Sid

I think that you are using your head. It comes down to making money. If you can make more money selling mid range comics slabed by CGGroup, then selling them raw do it. It makes total business sense to use CGGroup and CGC. Use CGC for your high end comics (Like the 2 GS1's and the 5 181's 27_laughing.gif ). Use CGGroup for your moderns and mid range makes sense. The pPvc is safe for stamps, that is good enough for me. TDComicx is sell a GS1 CGGroup 9.8 right now on eBay for $5000 with 2 days left. It comes down to what is in the slab that sells.

Best of luck on your grades (Both CGGroup and CGC)

thumbsup2.gif

Enjoy those Cons Luck SOB 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

RS

Thanks RS, I knew I would gain your support. foreheadslap.gif

If anything should make you question the wisdom of your decision, this is it. gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif