• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC slab defective?

6 posts in this topic

So last week I posted a picture in "Back from CGC" thread about a slab I got back, it is the first comic I sent out to be graded and was pleased with the grade I received. However as I was browsing close up screen shots of other slabs I noticed that my slabbed differed compared to other.

Maybe its just the lighting on other people's pictures, but the edges around the case have a purplish hue to them and I noticed that front and back covers of the case can be closed even more if you apply the slightest bit of pressure along their vertical axis, as if the case wasn't closed well enough.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=119826&Number=5803592#Post5803592

Here was my post in the thread and funny enough the placement of my fingers is exactly the place where I notice the case isn't fully closed. Am I making too much about nothing and are all cases like this or should I contact CGC?

Thanks!

That's typical of how slabs are. That is exactly where I stick my fingers in to break the outer well when deslabbing books. The firm seals are usually along the top and bottom edges, while the sides are easily moved apart.

Just "did" this one about an hour ago:

1107270001a.jpg

Thanks guys! Any anxiety has now been washed away, lol.

Cheers!

BTW, Amazingly nice book you have there lizards!!

The slightly less undercopy will soon be for sale.....,