• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #100 by duckduckmike

5 posts in this topic

Ah variant covers

So I decided to sign up for a deal at my local shop to get the package they offered off all the WD #100 covers for a flat price. I was thinking about slabbing them, flipping some, and keeping others, but as a WD fan, I also wouldn't mind keeping these in my permanent collection (I strongly believe in never collecting something unless at the end of the day you like the item and don't mind holding it even if the price is nearly zero in 5-10 years)

That said, what's other people's thoughts on WD100? I made my order a couple weeks ago and then read this:

http://investcomics.com/weekly-hot-picks/investcomics-comic-hot-picks-7-11-12

Keep 'em, flip 'em, or don't bother; what are other people doing?

See more journals by duckduckmike

IMO, this will be a widely participated event...much like issue #50. I say keep 'em because supply will be plentiful. If there are some nice variants that will be hard to find sure flip it cause it's not going to get much better than now in terms of it being a seller's market.

I decided to go for the event which gets all of them except the 1:100 (or is it 200?). I personally don't keep the Walking Dead books, but I know someone who does. I think with the books I have enough to possibly autograph hunt for the signature series, others to flat out grade and have a plentiful supply to gift over time.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1768&GSub=309

I got her #75 signed by Robert Kirkman, If one of the variants does better I might get that one done too. Artists, cast and others.

If I remember correctly via a post on bleedingcool.com, all but Cover A (the standard cover) and the Chrome variant have been completely sold out through Diamond. It might be wise to hold on to them for a bit, at least the more popular of the covers.

In my opinion, if you like the Walking Dead comics and are a completist like I am at least keep one of each variant for yourself. As far as that article goes, who knows where comics will be in the future, I honestly thought before the 2nd season started that Walking Dead would have hit a pinnacle, which is why I sold my Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 SS by both Tony Moore and Robert Kirkman, which now is selling for $500+ more then what I sold mine for so who knows, zombies is a genre that I don't see running out of fans for quite some time. Also in reference to that article, considering they refer to Chew and Secret Agent Poyo (referred to as Secret Agent Polo on the article) as IDW comics and not Image comics, its hard to really trust their judgement on the value of comics down the road.