• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie: Comic Book Villians

12 posts in this topic

In the late 80's - early 90's I knew more than one dealer that each of those characters could have been modeled after.

I really enjoyed the movie, my wife thought it was ridiculous.

The ending was certainly overly melodramatic...things can get nasty when people are gunning for the same collection, but not THAT nasty. :eyeroll:

I thought the movie was good, but then again i am a comic book fan so that's probably why. If you're not into comics and ddon't dream about finding a stash such as the one in the movie, you probably won't enjoy this movie. If you dodream about it, then you'll like the movie just for the sake of all the books mentioned.

When the "villain" of the flick started yelling that Sensation Comics featured the first appearance of Wonder Woman, I was screaming at the TV....just like the dork comic shop owner who screamed at the ignoramus in the movie. :sick:

I love that movie. Pretty much anything Michael Rapaport is in. It's actually pretty disturbing for what I thought was going to be a comedy, which made me like it even more. You go in thinking you're getting Dumb And Dumber or Clerks and you come out feeling like you just watched Se7en lol

I like the mention of the legendary table at the back of the San Diego Con that only those who have brought famous pedigrees to market may sit....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u