• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twilight Grade : Silver Surfer 4

3 posts in this topic

EDIT : images removed from webspace to make room for more. smile.gif

Little help please. Hope to cycle through some of my better books. Get opinions. Any you can give would be great. Will start with the worst of the best. Thanks in advance!

Real big scans. Hope not too big. Borrowed a digital camera, still getting the hang of it.

Front

back

Of note :

- Back is filthy. No water damage though.

- Significant spine crease that wraps front to back, visible in both scans, at Silver Surfer's leg.

- slight spine split at LLC

- strange faded color spots LRC

- wrinkle/crease at the bottom of surfers board. 2 smaller ones off to the side of the larger one.

Structurally it's a near Fine (5.0/5.5), but with that massive foxing on the back cover don't expect it to attract a price higher than a VG/VG- (4.0/3.5) would.

That was my thought too. About 1.0 to 1.5 downgrade because of the back cover.

Was sorta upsetting getting this out. Bought it around 4 years ago at my LCS, think for around $30. Put it in a new bag and put it away. I've pulled it out and looked at it, never taking it out of the bag, always figuring it a decent 6.0/6.5. Took it out to take pictures and saw the horrible condition of the back cover. Dammit!