• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers that would be too horrible for movies

40 posts in this topic

I can only assume that the only reasons that people haven't also mentioned Silverclaw are because they forgot her or they didn't even know who she is.

The thing is that pretty much any character can be made into a half decent movie character by removing the silly aspects. The only thing wrong with the Swordsman was his outfit.

Out of all the animals she can turn into she chose to turn into a weresloth, best choice ever. (thumbs u

Sentry's easily the most inconsistent character ever. Other than apparently dropping a Helicarrier on him and some really horrendous writing, how do you stop a guy with Superman's and Molecule Man's powers combined and no failsafe weakness like Kryptonite?

Well, apparently all you have to do is tell him his wife doesnt really love him and he'll freak out and have a nervous breakdown (shrug)

All of them because actors aren't built like professional athletes who run around naked in painted-on clothes -- the women with impossibly large breasts & the men genital-less.

I completely disagree with Rage.

I think he would be great in a movie. The reveal that he is really a teenager would be great comedy...and his anger and strength....perfect for movies.

Can't you see Iron Man showing up to stop a crime that rage is in the progress of stopping---but going way overboard doing it. Stark decides to take Rage under his wing so the world has one less villain to deal with. The growing pains of a young super hero....in the framework of a massive epic superhero movie.

Cool plotline.

Of course, he sucked in the comics, though. lol.

Moondragon. Although a shaved headed Angelina in that costume, hmmmm. Could work. She was raised on TITan.

Oooooh! DEFINITELY Moondragon! :sick:

Another one that i forgot about! No one loves the Avengers more than i do but DAMN have they had some mess members in their lineup over the years! In their defense though, i'm pretty sure that at one point or another, EVERY single member of the Marvel Universe has been an Avenger! lol

Starfox- has the ability to stimulate the pleasure centers in the brains of other people in other words cause psychic boners , might be in the movie though just for being Thanos's brother.

Oh my god, i cant believe i forgot him!!! :sick:

I dont know what was more HORRIFIC, Mantis & Swordsman joining or Starfox and the female Captain Marvel. Both pairs sucked so bad it went light years beyond EPIC sucking!!! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

All 4 of them deserve about 757,845 more :sick: 's but i dont want to use up all the bandwith on the site!

FU Jason. Real Avengers fans know Mantis and Swordsman rock.

IMG00477-20110812-1624.jpg

IMG01062-20120710-1817.jpg

I always wondered if it was possible to have too much money. I can see now that it is.

I agree with the choices mentioned so far, but I also think there are some popular characters who would be difficult to render faithfully in a movie. Scarlet Witch stands out to me as an Avenger who we would love to see, but it would be difficult to convey what she does, since there have been several unsatisfying attempts to explain it in the comics.

I remember a Mark's Remarks column where he posited that there are no bad characters, only bad handlings of characters. It's arguable, of course, but there are certainly examples of characters everyone had given up on, suddenly being revived by the right writer.

Squirrel girl.

:sumo:

Breaking my heart with that one.

In all seriousness, most of them could be done well. A few exceptions I think are;

Ant-man

Wasp

Wonder-man

Any Captain Mar-vell

Tigra

Hellcat

Justice

Sentry

Thunderstrike

Ant-man- Ultron/Vision

Wasp-See above

Wonder-man-Vision/Grim Reaper/Vision

Any Captain Mar-vell- Anything Starlin related

Tigra-Yummy

Hellcat-Pre-Tigra, I believe.(see above)

Justice-Never hrard of

Sentry-Kree?

Thunderstrike-See Justice

hm