• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who are you hoping gets an upcoming Artist's Edition book from IDW?

61 posts in this topic

Scott, I really encourage you to publish all of Kane's layouts for ASM #121 as extras. In fact, it'd be a real thrill for me if you could publish all of them with comparisons with the original art, like in the sample of below (in this case I used a image of the spanish edition).

The last owner of all the set was Ankur Jetley, but I think that he sold it not long ago and now it's not in CAF anymore. Maybe he could help you to contact the actual owner.

Pics of all of them were posted recently in the Facebook page focused on Romita Sr, and I think that they would be the perfect complement for an already awesome book.

This is the layout of page one:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GffQlBTa-y8/RhLKKMEwZdI/AAAAAAAABZU/d9JWaLjjqu8/s1600/GilKaneSpm121pg01.jpg

And page sixteen:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GffQlBTa-y8/RhLKDMEwZcI/AAAAAAAABZM/o8Vkqdsyw_U/s1600/GilKaneSpm121pg16.jpg

kanespm121pg20.jpg

Scott

If IDW does do a Miller DD edition, please PM me.

I may be able to provide you with some "bonus material" depending on the issue. Ferran has been after me for awhile on this .......

Cheers!

Nelson

Great selections

Funny as the way I approached thining other candidates is by running what is my favorite original art...but then if I own a page, it is likley the are is spread to the four corners of the earth!

That said...I'd like to see IDW work a deal with the owner of BWS Red Nails and perhaps fatten it up with some other 100% BWS Conan work

A tough one to assemble but haven't see listed in the thread yet is Colan/Everett Black Widow perhaps fattened up with some Colan/Everett Sub-Mariner stories - there are a few complete stories still out there for Sub-Mariner

Fun Topic

Mark

Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo

If you don't read it do yourself a favor and pick-up the trades.

I would probably buy it because I am a Big Usagi fan, but I wonder how much extra detail we would get to see. hm

I would love a Sam Kieth - The Maxx ... count me in. Frank Miller DD would be at the top of my list. Also:

THE TICK - Ben Edlund !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This would be at the top of my list)

THE CROW - James O'Barr

Joy in did! And I have new Usagi piece coming soon. :cloud9:

Does Stan do commissions? or sell the original art?

He sells Pre-done pieces at cons.

I think he just sells covers.

Joy in did! And I have new Usagi piece coming soon. :cloud9:

Does Stan do commissions? or sell the original art?

Actually he does both. He appears at most of the local So. Cal cons. He does commission pieces around $75 if I remember his rate at SDCC as well as covers and pages too. A really nice gentleman.

On the IDW side, how about a Ron Frenz, McFarlane, Jurgens, Aparo too.

I would probably buy it because I am a Big Usagi fan, but I wonder how much extra detail we would get to see. hm

That's something to consider when casting your dream team. Many of my favorite artists have a clean lined, cartoonish look to their inked art (Darwyn Cooke, Mike Allred, Steve Rude) and I'm not sure how different their original art would look from the printed version.

The new Previews catalogue contains the solicitation information for the Gil Kane Amazing Spider-man book, and the text states that, in addition to issues 96 to 102 and 121, the book will also contain a gallery section "with covers and exceptional splash pages." I'm not sure if that last bit had been reported before, but it was news to me.

Thanks very much to IDW, Mike Burkey and anyone else who's contributed to this upcoming Artist's Edition. A Gil Kane Spider-man book was at the top of my wish list, and now it's going to be a reality!

Kevin

Just got the Mazzucchelli Daredevil in. :banana:

Did anyone else notice a shift (art wise) in the art from issue #231 on? To my untrained eye, these issues are less detailed and inked differently. No inker is credited.

Just curious, but does anybody know the story behind this?

Maybe on purpose do to a shift in the tone of the story. Or deadline?

David's style has evolved constantly since he began in the industry. For the first few years as a working artist he was still learning his craft and then, once he nailed it (in the eyes of most fans) he continued to refine and revise his style to suit the story and to suit his ever changing stylistically sensibilities. Look at DD 227 versus DD 233. And look at those two compared with Batman Year One. And then look at Marvel Fanfare 40. Then Rubber Blanket. Then Asterios Polyp. The man's amazing.

My own personal nostalgic sweet spot is the Born Again and Batman work, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't immensely enjoy all the work he did after that as well.