• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiction House - the fugitive kind

120 posts in this topic

Very nice Cheetah.

Did you submit many books yourself, or buy them already graded?

Here are a few where I would like to theorise that the colors, though as deep as any I've seen, might actually have been deeper in the original color scheme. If anyone can confirm this by showing "better" copies I'd be very interested!

1. Planet Comics #15 I believe her dress and logo should be red. If these have "faded" to orange, perhaps the background has £faded" from orange to yellow (cf Planet #32, where thereare huge variations between copies, some having bright yellow and some burnt orange backgrounds.)

PlanetComics1520.jpg

2. Fight #43 One of my favourite covers. The lining of the priestesses's cloack varies from pale to a deeper orange. When it is deeper the other colors pop and one can see faint shadows more shading on Senorita Rio's dress. I speculate that the inside of the cloak my have been deeper. This would make the other colors pop even more!

FightComics4375.jpg

3. Fight #34 How might this cover look if the girl's dress werer bright red?

FightComics3465.jpg

The Fight 34 in Gerber has a much deeper blue background, but the dress is still orange. The other two you posted are similar in the Gerber pics - maybe a tick darker, but still very much orange.

Here are a few where I would like to theorise that the colors, though as deep as any I've seen, might actually have been deeper in the original color scheme. If anyone can confirm this by showing "better" copies I'd be very interested!

3. Fight #34 How might this cover look if the girl's dress werer bright red?

FightComics3465.jpg

The colors on my copy may be a bit deeper, but there's not a huge difference.

fight34.jpg

Not that I'll ever call any of my books superior, here's my 34 and as Walt mentions, I don't believe that dress was intended to be red ... until proven otherwise.

Fight34.jpg

Was it Buttock or Elton who posted a smoking copy about 5 years ago from the shop in Kentucky? That copy was fantastic. If someone has a scan of that one to compare with these :wishluck:

2. Fight #43 One of my favourite covers. The lining of the priestesses's cloack varies from pale to a deeper orange. When it is deeper the other colors pop and one can see faint shadows more shading on Senorita Rio's dress. I speculate that the inside of the cloak my have been deeper. This would make the other colors pop even more!

FightComics4375.jpg

Quite a few color difference with my copy. Look at the priest's headdress on the left. Alternating feathers are red in your copy and orange in mine :shrug: And then on the head netting of Senorita Rio, yours is blue, mine is green!! I wonder if I applied correction in Photoshop on mine which distorted what is portrayed from the copy itself; if I have time I'll pull the book out and rescan without corrections.

Btw, +1 on being a favorite cover :thumbsup:

Fight43-1.jpg

At some point in the print run some yellow overspill began to appear on the right hand side of the cover in the vicinity of Senorita Rio's head. The Mile High copy has a little as I recall. Otherwise the differences in our copies may well be to do with contrast and color settings in the respective scans. (Intensifying contact seems to make colors appear more yellow)

At some point in the print run some yellow overspill began to appear on the right hand side of the cover in the vicinity of Senorita Rio's head. The Mile High copy has a little as I recall. Otherwise the differences in our copies may well be to do with contrast and color settings in the respective scans. (Intensifying contact seems to make colors appear more yellow)

I think I've seen this most consistently with the blues. Getting a true blue in the scan seems to be difficult.

Was it Buttock or Elton who posted a smoking copy about 5 years ago from the shop in Kentucky? That copy was fantastic. If someone has a scan of that one to compare with these :wishluck:

Wasn't me. :sorry:

I'm wondering about this one. I think the colors are complete on this copy, as you can see variation in the colors of the lettering, guillotine and the diapers these guys are wearing, but they don't look as deep as they could be. Anyone have a copy to compare? Most that I've seen have guillotines and diapers that are much paler.

jumbo81.jpg