• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Space 3

43 posts in this topic

I beat the first dead space, and started the second but it felt like a rehash. The third looks interesting so I guess I should pick the 2nd one back up and give it another go.

Trust me, its not...it gets tougher and tougher the further you get!

Is Dead Space any good?

I'm in desperate need of a new game :insane:

Its one of the funnest games to play. Well 2 is anyway, Its so satifying to blow off the monsters arms and legs. Very different from the usual games like COD, Halo

Is Dead Space any good?

Its one of the funnest games to play. Well 2 is anyway, Its so satifying to blow off the monsters arms and legs. Very different from the usual games like COD, Halo

hm

Someone said it's like John Carpenter's The Thing in space hm

As everyone knows I love The Thing remake :grin:

Is Dead Space any good?

It's a very good game.    Third person survival horror, same feel as something like Resident Evil.  Going into the game I was quite reluctant about the dismemberment aspect that has been mentioned, thinking  it might be a bit too much for me, but the Necromorphs are basically going to do exactly the same to you, so it's about self-defence using weapons which are high- tech mining tools for cutting through rock. 

As I said earlier, a lot of the design is of generic corridors, but there is the occasional inspired section - I particularly liked the command deck.  The zero gravity sections are also impressive, if a bit disorienting for me, being someone with quite poor spacial awareness. (The main reason I suck at playing Portal, as an aside.)

The only aspect of the game that I find frustrating is that certain intense fight sequences are set much too darkly, so you need to fiddle around with TV settings at times to be able to clearly see what you're targeting at.  Too dark for me isn't creepy and atmospheric, just bloody annoying.

If anyone has finished the game on hardcore mode, with just three saves allowed in total, then I admire you.

[quote=Marvelfangirl

If anyone has finished the game on hardcore mode, with just three saves allowed in total, then I admire you.

Tried it a few times, became too frustrating and had to stop.

Is Dead Space any good?

hm

Someone said it's like John Carpenter's The Thing in space hm

As everyone knows I love The Thing remake :grin:

I played part one 5 times...Three to get all the nodes to upgrade everything...Once on the hardest level...and the last time with only the gun for the one gun achievement ...got my 1000 gs in it...Part 2 kinda pissed me off with the Hardcore mode three saves...got up to like level 4 a few times and died. Only got 950 gs in it. :mad: Two great games! And yes its kinda like The Thing sorta.

[quote=Marvelfangirl

Tried it a few times, became too frustrating and had to stop.

Yeah man...kept trying to get up to level 7? Where you had to switch the disk...That acted like a free save...but I died, like I said on level 4. :boo:

And for the people who enjoy achievements....How hard was Dont get cocky kid from the first game....WHATTTTT...Played that part like 200 times easy. lol

Never got that one, but it is the coolest reference to a movie for an achievement!

I remeber when i first played it (DS2) and i kept shooting them in the head, being used to games like COD and it doesnt stop them. Till i figured out to dismember them, the game was hard lol. Its kinda like resident evil play wise, but much faster pace and no ramdom clues or puzzles to solve. I absolutly loved Doom 3, and i kinda compare it to that. Lots of times not wanting to move forward for fear of whats around the corner

I remeber when i first played it (DS2) and i kept shooting them in the head, being used to games like COD and it doesnt stop them. Till i figured out to dismember them, the game was hard lol. Its kinda like resident evil play wise, but much faster pace and no ramdom clues or puzzles to solve. I absolutly loved Doom 3, and i kinda compare it to that. Lots of times not wanting to move forward for fear of whats around the corner

One of the reasons I really love playing DS is the fact that it is a straight up shooter, no messing around with putting puzzle pieces together. Its all about killing some necromorph!

[font:Book Antiqua]I quit trying to be a completionist at games,

I enjoy the main story, and the sides missions

but trying to get all the trophies it’s a waste of time...[/font]

;)

Well you are right...Trying to complete games is a total time sink. I love gaming. I just hit 100K in GS today. That took a longgggg time! I feel like balloons should have dropped from the ceiling when it happened. lol

2012-07-12175128.jpg[/img]

On a technical level it looks great, but I'm not sure I like the direction this series is going in.

I think the first game was a masterpiece. What I really loved was the feeling of isolation, compounded by the fact that your character (Isaac) didn't speak and that he was slowly going crazy. And although you have powerful weapons and tools at your disposal, the game was still true to the survival horror genre in that you had to conserve resources, pick your shots carefully, and constantly look over your shoulder and around the next corner. And the end was fantastic.

Dead Space 2 was still pretty awesome, but having your character speak and work with others ruined a lot of that isolation for me. It was less scary for that reason. But the gameplay elements were great.

By adding co-op, they're taking another step towards action games like Gears, and away from the survival horror genre. How tense can things really get when you're giggling with your co-op partner over a mic?

I'm sure it'll be a great game, but it probably won't be that scary.

One of the reasons I really love playing DS is the fact that it is a straight up shooter, no messing around with putting puzzle pieces together. Its all about killing some necromorph!

Huh? Did you play the first two all the way through? Because there are a lot of puzzles.

Huh? Did you play the first two all the way through? Because there are a lot of puzzles.

What I meant by puzzle was the kind that takes you away from the environment your in. Such as the ones where there is a separate screen you have to deal with in order to find the solution. In DS all the puzzles are part of the environ he is in.