• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIMs coming out of the wood work!

207 posts in this topic

Doug is actually both moving to Florida and leaving the legal profession. He has enough confidence in the comic hobby/market that he will make running his site a fulltime job!!

foreheadslap.gif

The Apocalypse is coming...... tonofbricks.gif

welcome back, JC, did i win the forum pool?? grin.gif

That was simply insane. I thought about sniping at the two grand level,the last few days,but not one dealer I consulted thought that it was a good buy at 2K. Great for Ben,though.

I'm assuming Quality must have a buyer lined up because I can't see this book approaching this level again for a looonnnggg time. Or perhaps I'm wrong and this is the direction HG Marvel is going.

Lets see, I can get a 9.6 #102 or a 9.4 #124 and have $5600 left in my pocket. Tough choice.

Congrats to qualitycomix for winning that book -- but $5950 for a JIM 102 9.6?? damn....

These HG prices for JIM books do seem to be getting out of control. You really have to wonder what will happen to the prices when the 3 or 4 collectors that are chasing them have the books they need. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lets see, I can get a 9.6 #102 or a 9.4 #124 and have $5600 left in my pocket. Tough choice.

Sorry, but there's no comparison. JIM 102 is hard to find in 9.4, let alone 9.6, as witnessed by the nosebleed prices that various collectors were willing to bid, while JIM 124, whether in 9.4 or 9.6, is one of the more common high grade Marvels. I would guess anyone who owns a JIM 102 in 9.4 already has a copy of 124 in 9.4 or 9.6.

Sorry, but there's no comparison. JIM 102 is hard to find in 9.4, let alone 9.6, as witnessed by the nosebleed prices that various collectors were willing to bid, while JIM 124, whether in 9.4 or 9.6, is one of the more common high grade Marvels. I would guess anyone who owns a JIM 102 in 9.4 already has a copy of 124 in 9.4 or 9.6.

A better comparison would be buying a 9.2 for 1/10th of the cost, as Namisgr mentioned. Again, all the more power to those who choose to chase the "top" copies, but for my money, the relatively minute difference in quality isn't worth this kind of a price fluctuation.

A better comparison would be buying a 9.2 for 1/10th of the cost, as Namisgr mentioned. Again, all the more power to those who choose to chase the "top" copies, but for my money, the relatively minute difference in quality isn't worth this kind of a price fluctuation.

I'll tell you what,I'll take the 9.4 124,use some of the $5600 to buy something that I'll be able to trade for a 9.4 102 and then blow the difference on a week in Vegas!

I strongly suspect once word of this auction makes the rounds we'll see a few more 9.6s and I'll wager the third and fouth to be auctioned don't come close to this.

Can someone, ANYONE, please explain the pricing logic behind the Marvel Double Feature # 1 in CGC 9.6 for $575? It books for $16 in 9.2 and its not even the highest certified copy. With great respect to Doug, 36 times Guide is Nuts! (And this coming from a person who understands how rare in high grade and under-appreciated the 70s Marvel reprints are because I collect them!).

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Other then that, I love the site, and can't wait to see some JIMs. grin.gif

Nope, I'm not above petty sniping. Yup, I'm very jealous that Doug can buy books from me, put them on his site, give them the "illusion" that they are from the "collection" and get higher prices.

There are a lot of stupid people out there.