• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you like these negotiating tactics?

31 posts in this topic

Dear Sir,

I'm interested in your TOS 59. My father says I should offer you $200, and if you turn it down, then offer you $225. He says your asking price of $250 is pretty fair but I should only pay it after you turn down offers for less. So please sell me your book and let me know which offer you take. Hopefully it is one of my first offers, but if it the last one thats okay.

PS I am only 11 years old.

Wow, and I thought the 'this item is not mine, therefore I cannot take any less than what I have it marked at' negotiating tactic was bad. Seriously, you must be a very nice person to sit in the hot sun all day at a flea market, if none of the stuff you are selling is yours.

If that is not bad enough, just wait until you list an Apple MacBook Pro on EBay. You'll get offers from people claiming to be 'single moms' attempting to explain why you should sell them a $1200 computer for $600. My response is always the same, I guess your child will have to settle for a Dell.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Squeeze every dollar you can out of this 11 year old and teach him and his dad not to low ball on books!!
Yeah - raise the price to $275 now that you know he's interested. :sumo:

Most 11 year olds live better than I do.

Close the sale, keep the book, and begin this child's lifelong road to disappointment :(

Were you ever able to get little Rupp his prosthetic tail? :shrug:

Close the sale, keep the book, and begin this child's lifelong road to disappointment :(

Yes I did !

I used the profits off the sale of my Leather Obsession collection to purchase a new 6 inch add on for Lil' Rupp :devil:

:grin:

$225 + shipping depending on what your investment is on the book.

IF

your gut instinct feels that this is on the level.

Yes I did !

I used the profits off the sale of my Leather Obsession collection to purchase a new 6 inch add on for Lil' Rupp :devil:

:grin:

banana052.gif

Dear Sir,

I'm interested in your TOS 59. My father says I should offer you $200, and if you turn it down, then offer you $225. He says your asking price of $250 is pretty fair but I should only pay it after you turn down offers for less. So please sell me your book and let me know which offer you take. Hopefully it is one of my first offers, but if it the last one thats okay.

PS I am only 11 years old.

That's the problem with the internet...

If this conversation took place at a ComicCon or a shop or other face to face situation you could know for sure if the person was telling the truth or lying to you.

Mister Shamrock sir, could I have your Amazing Spider-Man 1 for $50?

I'm only eight years old and that's my life savings.... :(

Sounds like a scam to me. How many 11 year olds would have $250 to blow on an old comic? How many 11 year olds are collecting silver marvel in a serious fashion? Can you even have an ebay ID at 11?? I suppose he is using dad's.

I would offer the person whatever you were originally prepared to discount the book. Or simply pass, scammers often turn in to complainers.