• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Toast Report: SDCC 2012 PIC HEAVY!

465 posts in this topic

Toast! :popcorn:

Tup!! <-------------------note the props with two exclamation marks. :ohnoez:

Will Rose City be has good as San Diego? hm

It will be hard pressed for a two day show to be that good.

On with the photos, you impatient heathens.

I did not plan on going to this show and it was all very last minute when I left on Tuesday morning to work the 'Toon Tumblers booth with Underthebigw and StrongGuy. My early morning flight did not work out, but a little later in the morning actually worked out better for me.

This was a flight with a connection in Portland, and it takes a mere twenty-five minutes to get to Portland from Eugene. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked around the airport and found some interesting displays. This was...interesting...

IMG_2674.jpg

I'll reduce the size so I don't kill anyone's computer.

My total flight time from Eugene to San Diego was about two hours and thirty minutes, which is pretty short considering that encompasses covering just over 1100 miles each way.

Anyhow, I arrived and made my way over to grab a cab. Ahhhhhhhh, palm trees and sunshine!

IMG_2680.jpg

The view from my taxi on the way to the convention center. My experience with taxis in san Diego had all been good, including this one. I had no complaints about any of my many taxi rides in SD. The cabbies drive fast to get you where you need to be, and if I prearranged a pick-up time they were right on the button or early.

This trip, there were two cab rides I was a bit unhappy with - more on that later.

IMG_2683.jpg