• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Toast Report: SDCC 2012 PIC HEAVY!

465 posts in this topic

I watched the SDCC report from G4 this weekend and it's definitely not about the comics any more. Lots of stars and advertising, so it's good to see a few pics. Thanks.

Yeah I watched that too. Interesting to see that Anthony Bordain of Travel channel has his own graphic novel out! Didn't look too bad either.

I didn't care for the male co-host though. He was annoying. It's like he had to keep reminding everyone that he was gay every 5 minutes.

This is from the Mile High booth. Some metal filing cabinets converted to hold comics. A good idea for making more use of your space and people can just pull out the entire drawer. Someone had a moment of clarity.

IMG_2708.jpg

I've been wanting to use filing cabinets in exactly this way for over a decade. Anyone ever tried to do this? :wishluck:

I've been wanting to use filing cabinets in exactly this way for over a decade. Anyone ever tried to do this? :wishluck:

I done it in the 1990s at a local mart, took 8 cabinets into the hall on a easi-lift, the rental van I used to get them there almost died. These days they are just in my room.

S5002784.jpg

S5002785.jpg

S5002787.jpg

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5599813#Post5599813

Mega-Mega Magnets!!

IMG_2712.jpg

Where can I order some of these online? They look awesome! What's the average cost/unit?

The magnets are $5 each. You can get them from the 'Toon Tumblers website or from my online store opening the end of this week.

Dark Horse booth - it was huge! My claim to Dark Horse fame is that I bought the very first Dark Horse book sold from Mike Richardson and he remembers selling me that book to this day. this trivial bit of knowledge will make me blush and get you a cup of gourmet coffee if you bring it up to me in person. :blush:

IMG_2731.jpg