• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's going to be the most valuable comic book in the year 2022?

31 posts in this topic

Detective Comics 27....

Yep. Batman will trump Superman due to being a better and more popular character.

No way. By the time 2022 rolls around, Christopher Reeve's clone will be right around the age of the old Christopher Reeve, and he'll be the star of the fifth Superman reboot series.

Coupled with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson starring as Ma and Pa Kent, the trilogy will be aimed towards several different generations of people, thereby ensuring it's box office success and driving up the value of Action #1 over Bats.

I was at my LCS a month or so ago and he had a Spawn 1 in the dollar box. I left it there.

Is this a real question? The answer is simple Spawn 1

I did see someone selling a Spawn #1 in a nice Mylar for $25 at SDCC last weekend.

I was at my LCS a month or so ago and he had a Spawn 1 in the dollar box. I left it there.

Is this a real question? The answer is simple Spawn 1

I did see someone selling a Spawn #1 in a nice Mylar for $25 at SDCC last weekend.

I DID THE SAME THING TOO!

Squirrel Girl #1

:whee:

Following the shock ending to AvX later this year (Squirrel Girl becomes the new host for the Phoenix Force), her popularity is gonna soar, forcing Marvel to publish a new Squirrel Girl monthly.

The third Avenger movie will feature a post credits trail for...

...Squirrel Girl - The Movie.

SG will break Wolvie's back in 2017. Another popularity bump.

Squirrel Girl #100 will feature 27 variant covers (Including a 1:75000 variant woven from real squirrel hair). Yet another polularity bump.

Or it could just be 'Tec 27????

TEC 27 vs. ACT 1 - I think it could hindge on which high grade copy comes to market first. Is it the Allentown TEC 27 vs. the Church ACT 1 as the two best copies? Doesn't the dentist own them both? It would be great to see them go head to head in the same auction. We probably won't see this showdown any time soon.

Detective Comics 27....

I think it will happen before 2022.

I think there are less Detective Comics 27s out there than Action Comics 1s.

Spider-Man 1 and X-Men 1 from 1991. They will be the most readily available to burn for heat, and thus the most intrinsically valuable.