• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My pictures from the SDCC

99 posts in this topic

Best pictures, EVER...you really showed the flavor of the Con...and as much as I enjoy going to cons, I was getting claustrophobia just looking at those aisle pictures, so I think I enjoyed it more this way:) Thank you!

Best pictures, EVER...you really showed the flavor of the Con...and as much as I enjoy going to cons, I was getting claustrophobia just looking at those aisle pictures, so I think I enjoyed it more this way:) Thank you!

+1

:hi: Hi Sharon.

I like taking photos of the comic con, although walking around with a DSLR camera can be a drag after many hours, I always enjoys sharing them with friends and family.

For me, the con has become a little less about buying comics and a lot more about enjoying the sights of the con, and some of the panels and exhibitors from other things I am interested in, as well as comics.

My photos may be a little different. I didn’t take a picture of every babe that walked by, I just shot stuff I thought was cool, or funny or unusual.

Enjoy!

Tron, yes his suit did light up!

DSC_8949.jpg

Glad to see Peter Griffin was able to make it.....

You have all seen Princess Leia slave girl costumes before, but probably not like this:

DSC_8989.jpg

DSC_8990.jpg

Best costume EVAH! ^^

He was uber hot!!!!! :cloud9:

:takeit:

hm

I wonder how much the charge is for parties.....

+1

:hi: Hi Sharon.

+2. Thanks a lot!

Your choice of pictures made for a really classy thread, too. It's not the pictures of pretty girls that are problematic, but the comments that they tend to inspire can be rather nauseating.

Thanks for all of the positive comments everyone.

I have uploaded my phone photos to Photobucket, so I thought I would go ahead and share those as well. I have a old iPhone 3S, so the quality isn't great, but they still work out okay.

So here we go...

First up,

The sign that greets you in the San Diego airport on the way out...I like baseball, and San Diego, so therefore, a picture:

IMG_0799.jpg

Approaching Comic Con (SD Convention Center)

IMG_0801.jpg

a very determined group of people who wished to bring enlightenment to the nerd herd:

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

This picture was taken by my friend and fellow board member Inaflash, we were amused:

IMG_0809.jpg

I loved all of the marketing that went on all over downtown, busses, billboards, even pedicabs:

IMG_0805.jpg

very excited by the CW's new Arrow TV show, I heard the entire pilot was aired, but I didn't get a chance to see it:

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

I am an avid fantasy reader, and I spent about three hours Friday listening to a fantasy authors panel and then standing in line to get one of my favorite authors signature. I did this last year with George Martin as well.

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

I find this sort of thing unfortunate and even condescending. Even though they might have good intentions, I personally believe they do more harm than good with it.