• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions of G4's coverage of Comic Con

25 posts in this topic

I watched some. I thought Candace Bailey and John Barrowman were terrible and lacked any substance whatsoever. Chris Hardwick was great as usual.

I DV-R'ed it cause I can't stand watching commercials and a lot of garbage on it. So it went faster for me.

My wife commented on it. She said I don't think we'll be going to any Comic -Con any time soon. Lets stick to Wizard World in Chicago. It looks way better.

I have to agree with her. Watching Comic Con on TV has to be hurting them more then helping. That looked like one of the lamest shows I ever seen. Hardly anything about comics. All they were pushing were upcoming movies and TV shows that just don't interest me and weren't comic related. Sure they show costumes, but not many were superhero ones. What were those dog costumes about anyway? I didn't get it??? About a minute on Stan Lee. A little about DC 52. The hosts were terrible. And the guests seemed like they didn't know why they were there. Just a terrible show all together.

I probably WON'T BE WATCHING this ever again.

I watched both G4 and Spike TV's coverage (via dvr). G4's coverage was essentially Spike's plus a little extra. My wife thought John Barrowman was refreshing, at least he has credibility in the culture, and his objectifying of men was fun to watch for once in geek culture.

The only thing I enjoyed was John Barrowman on the Saturday coverage. He is extremely likable in that kind of environment and has a true appreciation for the fans and the culture. That said, only other person worth watching on that was Blair Butler, but they kept her genuine comic segments to a bare minimum. It was sad, so sad.

I was more entertained/informed by watching videos posted by con-goers on youTube.