• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worthless books, what to do?

23 posts in this topic

Usually I give them to my wife (schoolteacher) and she hands them out to kids to read, if they behave 27_laughing.gif, gossip.gifshe has the most behaved 5th grade class.

Got a whole bunch of worthless books. Mostly mid-late 80s poop, New Universe, etc etc.

I think we're all forgetting what should be the end goal of all this philanthropy... bringing comics to a new generation and entertaining them. Handing out 80's or 90's pablum doesn't seem to me to be the best way to get a new generation into reading comics. thumbsup2.gif

Years from now, there'll be a kid that says "Yeah, I got started in comics when this house down the block gave me a Crystar, Crystal Warrior #4 for Halloween." (Although, I'm finding that people remember Secret Wars with a certain fondness.)

Reminds me of this kid at the con yesterday. I tried to give this little kid a Ninja Turtle comic for free and the little kid says "No thank you, I only read Amazing Spider-man." 27_laughing.gif

HEY EVERYBODY!!

Don't be scared to ask Comics4Kids for comics!! Yes everybody is sending us stuff, but don't be afraid to ask us to send you some readers for your kid recipients as well !! You don't HAVE to donate to us all the time, We can send you some comics for them too! And we screen them so you don't have to the headache of what content each book may have..so you don't accidentally give Cherry Poptart to a 10 year old! We all need all the help we can get to give these kids IMAGINATION, EDUCATION, and INSPIRATION!!

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Many thanks to Chris T, Rob React, David M, Alex H, Gemma, Steve Borock, Paul Litch, Jim Halperin, and everyone else from CGC, the forums and abroad (too many to list all) for your help and support of C4K!! We can't do it alone!!