• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mind Mgmt

1,577 posts in this topic

Has any one purchased any art yet? :popcorn:

:whistle:

Art is for the more bourgeois of collectors (or not for the more wretched collectors lol )

Hey, if a set of 1-6 goes for $100+, and a page goes for $175, I don't see how a fan could NOT want a page?

Art is for the more bourgeois of collectors (or not for the more wretched collectors lol )

Hey, if a set of 1-6 goes for $100+, and a page goes for $175, I don't see how a fan could NOT want a page?

I'm just hating... I dig OA but refuse to start because I won't be able to sleep at night... Gollum syndrome will kick in... "I must have moar, my own, my precious."

tumblr_inline_mhkehp36611rsw1yf.gif

See, I told you. First you get one page, then the goal become the entire book and/or a combination of key pages/character appearances. Before you know it, you've sold the family jewels and, and, and.... :facepalm:

Edited by ItsJustRyan

:baiting:

I'll post it when I have it in hand. I will say that his prices are very reasonable, especially for full color painted art. Plus they are a pleasure to deal with.

Did you pick up any?

I went a little over board but they should be shipped out to me today. Once I get some scans they will be shown off :whee:

I would have sold a run of Planet comics to pay for it. No jewels involved. :)

:o that's a great argument as to why i stay away form OA.

Idunno, I can always get another run of Planet comics. I'll likely never see that Cerebus page up for sale again. It's not like I was going to sell my WWII Actions! :o

:baiting:

I'll post it when I have it in hand. I will say that his prices are very reasonable, especially for full color painted art. Plus they are a pleasure to deal with.

Did you pick up any?

I went a little over board but they should be shipped out to me today. Once I get some scans they will be shown off :whee:

Beguiling has some nice pages from #0... hm

Edited by mattbird

I would love to buy OA but I always tend to get into them when the prices have sky rocketed to pluto :(

So long as you are comfortable spending $200 or so a page, you can do pretty well. If you keep you eyes peeled on eBay, you can get some nice stuff in the $50 range even. I was buying Conan pages by artists that I liked for as little as $20 just a few years back.

Edited by mattbird