• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your all time favorite comic book "scene"?

56 posts in this topic

I can still remember trading for my first copy of ASM #42 when I was about 12. I loved the "big-headed Spider-Man" in the top left of the cover and I kept returning to the last page.

ASM42FNov66.jpg

ASM42MJ.jpg

I will put my favorite in spoilers, since the book is relatively "modern age" and some readers might not have read it yet.

Please edit your post to note that the series is "Y: The Last Man", so no one else has the ending spoiled. :mad:

The sequence of panels in Daredevil 181 where Bullseye takes out Elektra. The best of them being the sai through the midsection. The dialogue in that sequence is pure magic.

Miller had many sequences that were mind boggingly good. He was terrific at using the panels to draw you and and tell the story...very Eisneresque.

I have two that I really like.

In Red Son, Bizarro is fighting Superman and someone in the UK yells to Superman to kill the freak, the look that Bizarro gives is just awesome.

In the Sinestro Corp Wars TPB, there is a panel where Superboy Prime is fighting Sodam yat and Prime is chewing on a bar of plutonium asking where Sodam is going. Very awesome looking.

The sequence of panels in Daredevil 181 where Bullseye takes out Elektra. The best of them being the sai through the midsection. The dialogue in that sequence is pure magic.

Miller had many sequences that were mind boggingly good. He was terrific at using the panels to draw you and and tell the story...very Eisneresque.

Not surprising when you consider Miller said his two biggest influences at the time were Gil Kane and Will Eisner. Unfortunately I think too many new fans only know Miller as a writer or the guy who did DK2. Back in the day, he could really draw his arse off.

Not surprising when you consider Miller said his two biggest influences at the time were Gil Kane and Will Eisner. Unfortunately I think too many new fans only know Miller as a writer or the guy who did DK2. Back in the day, he could really draw his arse off.

I originally didn't know much about Eisner but my influence by and admiration for Miller led me to Eisner.

Back in the late 1970's and early 1980's Miller was an unstoppable force and changed the way comics were drawn and stories were told. He had page after page of genius.

Arguably one of the greatest creators of the past 3 decades and very influential.

I will put my favorite in spoilers, since the book is relatively "modern age" and some readers might not have read it yet.

Please edit your post to note that the series is "Y: The Last Man", so no one else has the ending spoiled. :mad:

I have modified it, but the spoiler tags inherently indicate there is a reveal to a modern title.

I love secret wars and it has two of my favorite scenes in all of comics:

QHbph.jpg

How strong is Cap's will? This strong...

HMmm yeah... not strong enough

SerpentBreakShieldFI5ByImmonen.png

Odin headbutting Galactus, cracking open his armor and sending him crashing to Earth. Don't eff with Odin.

Scan10186.jpg

Just added this to my favourite scenes...

I can still remember trading for my first copy of ASM #42 when I was about 12. I loved the "big-headed Spider-Man" in the top left of the cover and I kept returning to the last page.

ASM42FNov66.jpg

ASM42MJ.jpg

+1 +1 +1 !!!!

Maggie and Hopey's first kiss. Doombat was kind enough to fit me into his Comicon schedule so he could get me a recreation sketched by Jaime Hernandez himself :)

jaime.jpg

It was done from memory so it's not exactly the same, which is exactly what I wanted :D

ASM42FNov66.jpg

ASM42MJ.jpg

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(thumbs u