• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone read Ministry of Space?

7 posts in this topic

I picked up the reprint of issues 1 & 2, and then the issue 3.

I really liked it. Something without Superheroes or detail-less art. The writing was excellent. I wonder if they plan on making more issues or if this is it. Not sure how you could keep the story going.

any thoughts?

I picked up the first two issues and waited and waited and waited till #3 finally came out. Ellis was usual Ellis and Chris Weston's art was beautiful. The last page threw me for a loop. The first time I read it, I went, "Huh?" Initially, I thought I skipped a page somewhere. As for more issues of Ministry of Space, I think that's it although Ellis did say he wanted to work with Weston again. I subscribe to Ellis's Bad Signal Column, so I get at least an email from him a day.

sometimes the writing was a little difficult to follow, especially trying to follow the story through the different times. You're right, the ending came out of nowhere.

Weston does some beautiful work. Do you know if he has done any mainstream stuff? At either DC or Marvel?

I enjoyed it. I read that and Orbiter (which I liked better) back to back, so I was fully down the Ellis in outer space route that week.

I feel like I should have re-read it based on the ending to see if I'd missed something, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it really did come out of nowhere.

Well, this is as good a first post as any...

Weston does some beautiful work. Do you know if he has done any mainstream stuff? At either DC or Marvel?

Weston did the pencils on 'The Filth' limited series from Vertigo last year, written by Grant Morrison. He also did an issue of 'War Stories' from DC, and a few issues of 'The Invisibles'. I believe he started out on 2000AD I don't think that he has done any Marvel work, nor do I know what he is working on currently.

I own an awsome two-page splash from The Filth--you can see some of his other work at SplashPageArt .

525585-weston3.jpg.7f3ded4286ff531d49a1fb5e0acb90e5.jpg

Weston made Filth pretty, otherwise it was...Filth. Man was that inpenetrable.

MOS was real real good. Orbiter was also fantastic. Can't wait for Stealth Tribes, another Doran/Ellis collab.