• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm interviewing Underground Comix Writer/Publisher Larry Fuller!!!!

4 posts in this topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Fuller_(comics)

if anyone wants to ask questions, post them here or pm me. i'll try to include them. i'm gonna spend the next 3 days preparing my questions, and will try to get a much more detailed history of him and his work.

this will be my second interview. so excited, and a little bit nervous. i can't believe he said yes (lol). i can write/interview fairly well (imho), but if anyone has any advice, i'd welcome it. if you know of any good websites to help with interviewing, i'd appreciate that as well.

p.s. a little info Larry sent me:

Hello Justin,

Well thank you very much for such an enthusiastic response! Greatly appreciated. Your getting into comics history is very similar to mine and no doubts many, many others! And it seems once you really get "into it" it is so hard if not impossible to get out, not that many of want to, lol.

For one thing, I thoroughly enjoy the medium itself. Guess it kind of harkens back to the cave dwellers days wherein hunters painted on walls with the blood of their kills and such, like those famous caves in France that I studied about first in art school years ago! I LOVE COMIC BOOKS, even though I also have great and deep appreciation for all other forms of human creative endeavors (Most, anyway, not any of the kinds that seem to dominate the news these days, i.e., ways of screwing over fellow humans.).

I would be thrilled to answer (most, lol) questions in an interview. It would be my honor, especially to a fellow aficionado. I should point out that my life - despite the notably odd nature of many of my comics - well, one movie title might be "A Life So Ordinary" or perhaps what I overhead a fan say about me once at a convention "He Looks So Normal." I'm a father, grandfather, married (to my second wife 26 years), working stiff (Realtor) and former many things, police dispatcher, legal secretary, phone company records archivist, medical records editor, etc.

All my weirdness pretty much manifests in comic form, though not so much the last few years, but I AM working up a couple of web comics. We'll see what happens.

Great to hear from you and fire away.

Thanks again.

Larry Fuller aka bossmanhisself

Neat :D

just finished my first interview (which will be on my blog in a few days). then mr. fuller emailed me back saying he'd do an interview. i've enjoyed what i've read of his work, and i'm very interested in hearing his story. good thing is, i don't think he's done an interview in decades, if at all.