• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worldwide Comics

114 posts in this topic

query: i have a book on ebay, trending below where i'd like to see it go. i see said book on a boardie's sig line want-list. if i send him a pm advising him of my book for sale, obviously hoping he'll get on there a bid that bad boy up, is there anyone here that would put a hairy-eyeball on my action?

change that boardie to a both a boardie who is also a friend--same question.

Personally, i dont see a problem with pming a boardie. If you had a Pedigree Avengers going lower than you wanted, i sure as hell would appreciate a heads up to your auction (thumbs u

PMing a friend is a different story. When i 1st joined up here, i was interested in a book in one of the major auctions that i knew was a boardies. Stupidly, i pm'd him and let him know i was VERY interested in it and even more incredibly stupid actually told him the ballpark max bid i was willing to put in. Come to find out, at least one of the boardies friends bid the book up on me even though they had zero interest whatsoever in the book. Their claim was "it was just sitting so low, what the hey!" but of course their "what the hey!" supposed thrill bid stayed below the max bid i had informed the seller i was willing to go to.

That DEFINITELY rubbed me the wrong way and i was NOT happy!

Who dunnit? :popcorn:

query: i have a book on ebay, trending below where i'd like to see it go. i see said book on a boardie's sig line want-list. if i send him a pm advising him of my book for sale, obviously hoping he'll get on there a bid that bad boy up, is there anyone here that would put a hairy-eyeball on my action?

Personally, i dont see a problem with pming a boardie. If you had a Pedigree Avengers going lower than you wanted, i sure as hell would appreciate a heads up to your auction (thumbs u

PMing a friend is a different story. When i 1st joined up here, i was interested in a book in one of the major auctions that i knew was a boardies. Stupidly, i pm'd him and let him know i was VERY interested in it and even more incredibly stupid actually told him the ballpark max bid i was willing to put in. Come to find out, at least one of the boardies friends bid the book up on me even though they had zero interest whatsoever in the book. Their claim was "it was just sitting so low, what the hey!" but of course their "what the hey!" supposed thrill bid stayed below the max bid i had informed the seller i was willing to go to.

You have definitely grabbed the crown from Watson as Chief stirrer.

That aint happening for a few reasons the chief one being all i know is what i was told after the fact via pm from someone. The fact that they knew what my max bid was going to be did lend some credibility to what said though hm

You have definitely grabbed the crown from Watson as Chief stirrer.

Please, I was stirring years before Watson registered.

That aint happening for a few reasons the chief one being all i know is what i was told after the fact via pm from someone. The fact that they knew what my max bid was going to be did lend some credibility to what said though hm

You were confident enough in what you were told to tell the story; quit being a cocktease.

You were confident enough in what you were told to tell the story; quit being a cocktease.

Telling the story is fine even if I'm completely wrong since no one has any clue who I'm talking about. If I put a name to a fairly serious accusation and am wrong about I is an entirely different story though. I can be wrong now and no harm no foul. Once I put a name out, if I'm wrong I'm a bigger than I am already!

If I remember correctly (correct me if I don't) the situation we are discussing involved a friend of WW bidding up the auctions and not buying the comics he won. Instead WW sent them to CLink and sold them there. In this case the friend never had any intention of buying, the only reason for bidding was pushing the price up on other, serious bidders.

Yes, thank you for posting this! I knew I was forgetting something important that made VagCliff more than your normal "debatable" shill. He references what you said about Clink in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=224547&Number=4838292

"Have I bought books from Worldwide? Sure.

Have I bid and lost on books from Worldwide? Sure.

Did I give an explanation where someone could buy a book and it could then be in an auction house a few weeks later? Sure."

It's either been poofed or it's being worked over and will return later; the link worked fine this morning.

There's a famous quote about the power of the people who write the history books I'd like to use here, but I can't remember it. It brings to mind another quote about what happens to those who forget history, but I can't remember that one either.

With great power comes great responsibility?

If I remember correctly (correct me if I don't) the situation we are discussing involved a friend of WW bidding up the auctions and not buying the comics he won. Instead WW sent them to CLink and sold them there. In this case the friend never had any intention of buying, the only reason for bidding was pushing the price up on other, serious bidders.

Yes, thank you for posting this! I knew I was forgetting something important that made VagCliff more than your normal "debatable" shill. He references what you said about Clink in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=224547&Number=4838292

"Have I bought books from Worldwide? Sure.

Have I bid and lost on books from Worldwide? Sure.

Did I give an explanation where someone could buy a book and it could then be in an auction house a few weeks later? Sure."

Not only that but he freely admitted that he shilled up books that were going for less than a desired price.

Telling the story is fine even if I'm completely wrong since no one has any clue who I'm talking about. If I put a name to a fairly serious accusation and am wrong about I is an entirely different story though. I can be wrong now and no harm no foul. Once I put a name out, if I'm wrong I'm a bigger than I am already!

Let me get this straight...I can make up a story and present it as truth to back up a point I'm trying to make as long as I don't use any names. That way if the story is complete B.S. I haven't hurt anyone (but I've still made my point).

That is a special kind of story shilling.

Let me get this straight...I can make up a story and present it as truth to back up a point I'm trying to make as long as I don't use any names. That way if the story is complete B.S. I haven't hurt anyone (but I've still made my point).

That is a special kind of story shilling.

Why would i make up a story that makes me look like an idi o t??? What exactly do i have to gain by that? ???

All i know is what i was told well after the fact so thats FAR from 100% certain. With THAT kind of evidence, i would NEVER make a public accusation. I dont think theres a problem saying it though as long as no names are given and no one is hurt if it isnt true. Im not presenting it as an absolute "truth". its what i was told and what i feel happened given the evidence i have. The evidence i have is not even close to enough though for me to make a public accusation (thumbs u

It's either been poofed or it's being worked over and will return later; the link worked fine this morning.

There's a famous quote about the power of the people who write the history books I'd like to use here, but I can't remember it. It brings to mind another quote about what happens to those who forget history, but I can't remember that one either.

With great power comes great responsibility?

"History is written by the victors" - Winston Churchill

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana