• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Is Raising Money For The Wounded Warriors Project

15 posts in this topic

At the risk of spamming, I wanted to post this about an eBay auction.

Valiant has relaunched and they are bringing back the famous gold editions!

I really wanted to pick one of these up, but prices are too much for me. :cry:

Here's an opportunity for you big time spenders, though.

Valiant X-O Manowar #1 Gold Edition

I am not the owner of the book but I have dealt with the people who are running Valiant and they are top notch people. I am only posting here because I know them and the Wounded Warrior Project. The higher this books goes, the better it is for everybody. The Wounded Warrior Project gets money, Valiant gets publicity, and the comics community gets publicity too!

Bid high! Bid Often!

I think they would have a better time with the sale if it didn't look so poorly put together from a zero feedback seller, I still have my doubts as to who is actually selling it.

The company announced it themselves that they would be doing this.

http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-news-stand/sdcc-valiantfans-com-the-unofficial-summer-valiant-panel-t85098.html?sid=339749ba0466c0d544554e112e889648#p2830441

-Valiant will be working with the Wounded Warrior Foundation charity by auctioning off Gold Book editions.

While I understand the above was stated by Valiant at their panel in SDCC, anyone could create a username on ebay and sell one of the books they handed out to those that attended. Valiantcomics12 could be the official username they have chosen and everything could be completely legit.

It just strikes me as poor effort and representation if it is true. Valiant lists nothing on their webpage about the auction or working with wounded warrior, the actual auction looks like it was posted from an Iphone while waiting for a cab with no official links or presentation given those involved.

This auction popped on my text alerts when it was posted and while I think the comic is real my immediate thought that it was not from Valiant, due to how carefully they have sculpted their image of their new company. I am not saying this is a scam but if it is from valiant it is pretty poor effort in supporting a great cause.

No comment on the quality of the auction description... but I can tell you it's legit.

Posted by Dinesh (dino) Shamdasani on the ValiantFans.com board: http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37533

Thank you for adding this, the only better assurance would be X-O knocking down a wall, pulling it up on the computer and rubbing your nose against the screen.

lol

The quality may not be there on the auction, but it is legitimate and it's a fantastic cause!

No comment on the quality of the auction description... but I can tell you it's legit.

Posted by Dinesh (dino) Shamdasani on the ValiantFans.com board: http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37533

Thank you for adding this, the only better assurance would be X-O knocking down a wall, pulling it up on the computer and rubbing your nose against the screen.

lol

The quality may not be there on the auction, but it is legitimate and it's a fantastic cause!

And I hope it goes for a million.What a worthy cause!

-Valiant will be working with the Wounded Warrior Foundation charity by auctioning off Gold Book editions.

While I understand the above was stated by Valiant at their panel in SDCC, anyone could create a username on ebay and sell one of the books they handed out to those that attended. Valiantcomics12 could be the official username they have chosen and everything could be completely legit.

It just strikes me as poor effort and representation if it is true. Valiant lists nothing on their webpage about the auction or working with wounded warrior, the actual auction looks like it was posted from an Iphone while waiting for a cab with no official links or presentation given those involved.

This auction popped on my text alerts when it was posted and while I think the comic is real my immediate thought that it was not from Valiant, due to how carefully they have sculpted their image of their new company. I am not saying this is a scam but if it is from valiant it is pretty poor effort in supporting a great cause.

It's legit. They had to start a new ebay account because the feedback on their previous account was beyond horrendous.

It's legit. They had to start a new ebay account because the feedback on their previous account was beyond horrendous.

Well, that's reassuring doh!

Happen to have a link to the old accounts feedback?

Happen to have a link to the old accounts feedback?

Sure. It looks like they worked to get it cleaned up somehow, because the last time I checked it a while back, there were alot more negs and people who said they never got their stuff.

ValiantEntertainment Feedback

Toolhaus doesn't seem to indicate any feedback was withdrawn.