• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest??

71 posts in this topic

Your Uncle Tom's Cabin is number 15 but is actually a later printing. Classics had the depressing habit of retaining the indicia's, so although yours is dated 1944, it is actually quite a bit later. Another indicator is the 15 cent cover price. To determine what issue you have check the back cover ad. You'll see a list of Classic Illustrateds - look for the highest number book listed. Suppose the highest number is 71. Then this would be Classics Illustrated #15 with an "HRN" of 71. (HRN is the Highest Resale Number. (been a while but I THINK the R is Resale).

(Just saw a response another response to this that says "Highest Reorder Number" - that sounds righter to me.

Here is what the book originally looked like - found the image on the internet:

classics15.jpg

Jumbo #82 from 12/45 is my oldest

Povertyrow gave it to me for free. cloud9.gif It was a part of the mini comic-quest prize, he sent me.

THANKS POV ! flowerred.gif

Jumbo82b.jpg

I LOVE the booty on that cover. Makes you just want to reach out and ... devil.gif

Jumbo #82 from 12/45 is my oldest

Povertyrow gave it to me for free. cloud9.gif It was a part of the mini comic-quest prize, he sent me.

THANKS POV ! flowerred.gif

Jumbo82b.jpg

I LOVE the booty on that cover. Makes you just want to reach out and ... devil.gif

...put a thumb print on the front cover?? confused-smiley-013.gif

LOVE the booty on that cover. Makes you just want to reach out and ... devil.gif

I agree.. nice Rump Roast.

But no touching!

893naughty-thumb.gif

===========================================================

And thnx for the info on my Classic ill. #15

the last title listed on Back Cover is a #117.. so that puts mine around 1954.

Not a comic of worth.. but still interesting.

And in OS they show a photo of toms cabin #15 like you posted pov..

27_laughing.gif

Here's my oldest: traded a bunch of Keown hulks and other hot books in the early 90s for it. grin.gif

Planet_10.jpg

does the label say 1941?

does the label say 1941?

Yup. January, 1941. Believe me, it was a lot of hot books. I ended up trading about 3/4 of a long box of stuff, for roughly $3000 in trade. Talk about a kid in a candy store; picked up this book, Four Color 386 (1st Uncle Scrooge comic book), and a bunch of other Silver Age stuff. acclaim.gif

does the label say 1941?

Yup. January, 1941. Believe me, it was a lot of hot books. I ended up trading about 3/4 of a long box of stuff, for roughly $3000 in trade. Talk about a kid in a candy store; picked up this book, Four Color 386 (1st Uncle Scrooge comic book), and a bunch of other Silver Age stuff. acclaim.gif

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif