• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Intervention

84 posts in this topic

A buddy of mine doesnt have any collection but he did name his son and daughter Luke and Leia.

Which for most people will not ring a bell anyways.Only the SW crowd.

You can bet a tiny shiny green-colored plastic light saber looks tasty for toddlers that are on the go in this hectic world.

The guy with 30,000 comics is tomorrow night...

Thanks! And thanks to the Tivo Iphone app, it is now scheduled. :)

Just reading this post makes me remember that I need to go through another culling of the collection.

Did anybody watch last night's show? The guy with the 30,00 comics was very organized but he had long boxes all over the house. Sounds like me! :whistle:

The guy seemed to have complete runs of whatever he collected but most were 80s to 90s stuff that didn't have a lot of value. The head chick on the show set him up to sell at a Frank and Sons collectibles show where he proceeded to gripe about people digging through his books. They need to look at them if you're going to sell them doofus! doh!

I don't think he sold anything there then she proceeds to set him up with a local comic shop. He took in 2,000 books and wanted a buck per book. The owner then offered him $500 for the whole shabang which he wouldn't go for. They ended up working a trade for a raw Hulk #181 in about 9.0 condition. I think I'd make that trade 10 times over. hm

The other guy was a Transformers nut who had an online business but still had to get his rent money from mom & dad. He was very hesitant to sell at first, but ended up relenting and sold about $4K worth of Transformers at a show in Los Angeles.